Helping cat feel better with no water or power

SpaceLamb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I'm in Houston and we're going on almost four days with no power and it's really starting to get to one of my cats in particular, Cleo. Yesterday I noticed she sounded congested and like she was struggling to breathe when she was eating. Just last October she had a respiratory infection that caused her to need to be tube fed. I don't think she's at that point yet as she's eating good and acting cold but normal. Is there anything I can do with no heat and no water to help her feel a little better? I've been heating up a hot water bottle and situating it underneath the blankets she's curled up on to try and keep her as warm as possible and dripping baby nose spray into her nose to try and dry up anything (which the vet recommended in October when we were struggling with her respiratory infection) but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think, given the horrible circumstances, that you are doing the best (and probably ALL) that you can. You might encourage her to snuggle under blankets with you, as well.

I have a candle lit for ALL of our friends and families in Texas.
00LitCandle.jpeg