Help!

wiccankittylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 3 yr old female albino cat keeps pooping in my tub, how can I stop this? She has never done this! I am appalled by her behavior and I cannot figure out how to stop her, she only does it at night when we are asleep, during the day or if we are awake she will use the litter box with like the other cats we have. Does anyone have any advice on why she is doing this or how I can stop her? please! I'm sick of cleaning my tub every morning!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You say Cats in plural, and box in singular - how many cats, and how many litter boxes do you have?
Rule of thumb, you should have the number of cats plus one in litter boxes, so, if you have 2 cats, 3 litter boxes; 3 cats, 4 litter boxes, and so on.
What litter are you using?
Where are the boxes located?
Are the covered or uncovered?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wiccankittylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 4 cats and 5 litter boxes, I knew this rule before as i grew up with a lot of animals and cats were always present. I also took her to the vet to see if she is sick and she is healthy as she can be. Banshee is spayed and up to date, so I know its not that. This is why I am so confused, as for the litter we use only Natural Clay Litter and she has never has any trouble with this before. I just don't understand.

wiccankittylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The boxes are a mix between uncovered (bathroom + bedroom) and covered (kitchen+ porch+ garage)

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would uncover all the boxes, and use "Cat Attract Litter". You can find it at Petco and major pet supply stores...

Also, how about just for the time being, placing a litter box in the tub? You will have to move it to take a shower, but at least she would poop in it...
After she is used to only poop in it, you move to right outside the tub... then a little farther, until you reach the desired location...

wiccankittylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for this advice, I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, thank you so much.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did the vet run a fecal, urine test and blood work? prior to saying all healthy?

wiccankittylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes he did, and he checked all of our cats for anything and everything, the worst thing that was there was Loki (my egyptian mau male) had a scratch on his ear from rolling around on the floor with our lil rescue cat Satin. But yes i have looked into anything and everything i could think of, that might be why I looked over something so simple like putting the litter box in the tub, I was thinking too hard.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sometime the answers is the gee if it was a snake it would have bite me thought...

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WiccanKittyLove

lol I know, its a bad habit I have of over thinking things
Welcome to TCS, where we all have a bad habit of over thinking things when it comes to loving our kitties