Help With Ringworm

Kiryuu_The_Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,
I came back today from the vet and it seems like my cat has early stages of ringworm.
To everyone who has ever dealt with ringworm, how did you deal with it ?
How long did it take to get rid of it ?
And any other tips about disinfection and other general safety would be very helpfull at the moment.

chloechance

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I fostered 4 kittens who without knowing brought it into my home.

It spread like wild fire to me, my nephews, and my own cats even tho my own cats never had contact. Its highly contagious.

If you have other animals they need to be seperated from them.

My cats were treated w a med that l believe began with a G and were dipped 1x a week in lyme sulfar for 8 weeks.

I also had to thoroughly clean my house.

What l can say was somewhat a nightmare at the time l learned a few things.

1. Dont panic - it will go away just do as vet suggest.
2. Its more severe on animals then humans bc animals have fur and constantly shed the spores.
3. They say the spores can live for up to 18 month in the house but also was told that once a cat gets ringworm they usually build an immunity and usually dont get it again. Does not mean they cant but if healthy they can fight it off.

The lyme sulfar worked great but it smells god awful. I too my cats back to shelter to have them dip them bc it was too hard to do on my own. If u do on your own protect their eyes it will burn. After applied put kitty in small isolated room til he dries. Good Luck!!