help with my tonkiese cat..

clang54

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi..
Well in August I had adopted a beautiful tonkiese cat. It was rough when I brought her home it was a rough start she hide herself for 2 months only to come out to eat and drink and use the litter box. I got really worried about her so I had given her some of whisker kittes calming liquidand it worked. So I took her off of it and she was doing good being social just having a good time and all of a sudden she just changed started peeing and pooping on the floor. I thought she had a uti and took her to the vet and they say nothing was wrong with her. So recently I put her back on the calming liquid ... I did get some information from the previous owner and said she had a pooping and peeing on the floor. But the thing is she still uses het litter box still. I am stumped and would love the advice. I also want to say that I want to help her and not give up on her..:wavey:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. :wavey:

I'm sorry you are having problems with your new cat. It great she as over come her fear and is now settled well in her new home.

As for the peeing and pooping problem. It might be a good idea to get another litter box, so she has two to choose from. Some cats don't like using the same litter box to pee and poop in.

How often do you clean the litter box ? Some cats hate using a dirty litter box. So maybe scooping it a few more times a day might help her use it more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clang54

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello gemgem
I do clean her litter box everyday.. it is kinda like she is selective on when to use the litter box. Like this morning she pooped on the floor .. so I got up and cleaned it.. then I sat on the couch and she went over to the litter box and pee in it.
I am just confused. . Then there will she would use the litter box for pooping and peeing. .

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
When she pees and poops on the floor, does she do this always in the same rooms ? Same places ? Or is it randomly anywhere ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clang54

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey gemsgem
This is the thing its only in one corner of my apartment and no were else.. I moved her litter box to see if that would help.. it does but for example I moved the litter box out of that corner just for a day.. and she still went over to that same corner and pooped.. then I put the litter box back in the corner. To me it is strange because it is only that corner of the apartment and nowhere else..