Help with Malte's treatment

nicolina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!

I'm holding a fundraiser to be able to pay for Malte's next vet bill.

I originally didn't want to put this here, but I'm getting  a little stressed about not being able to pay for Malte's treatment.

If anyone wants to help please do! Every little bit helps!

All the information is on the fundraiser page.

If anyone has any questions about it, feel free to ask! 

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/0t0ub/ab/d47d14? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nicolina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello again.

Just wanted to renew this in case someone, who might be able to help, didn't see it.

Lots of kisses from Malte! 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see http://www.thecatsite.com/t/69654/pleas-for-money

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I saw your fundraiser page, and just wondered if you cannot give him his fluids at home?  Most of us with kidney cats do that, and it saves us a LOT of money.  On your page you mentioned that he needs IV fluids for a couple of days at a time.  That is different from what you would do at home, because at home you would do sub-q fluids (just under the skin) and probably only do them every other day or so.  It usually only takes about 15 minutes each time, and the cost (at least once you buy the needles and set-ups is really minimal.  Is that something you can look into in your country?  You would need a prescription for the fluids is all.  The rest should be attainable via the internet. 

Have you seen this website?  http://www.felinecrf.org/index.htm    It has all kinds of useful information in it, including info for those in Europe

nicolina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I saw your fundraiser page, and just wondered if you cannot give him his fluids at home?  Most of us with kidney cats do that, and it saves us a LOT of money.  On your page you mentioned that he needs IV fluids for a couple of days at a time.  That is different from what you would do at home, because at home you would do sub-q fluids (just under the skin) and probably only do them every other day or so.  It usually only takes about 15 minutes each time, and the cost (at least once you buy the needles and set-ups is really minimal.  Is that something you can look into in your country?  You would need a prescription for the fluids is all.  The rest should be attainable via the internet. 

Have you seen this website?  http://www.felinecrf.org/index.htm    It has all kinds of useful information in it, including info for those in Europe
That would be amazing if I could do that! I'm gonna call my vet and see if that is a possibility here. 

The vet told me there was nothing to do then just wait until he's suffering and then help him end it. :(

It would be amazing if I could actually do something to help him! 

Thank you so much for this! 

nicolina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've paused donations for the fundraiser until I've talked to my vet. Let's hope this is something I can do for Malte. It would be a LOT easier! <3

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Any updates on Malte?  Were you able to do fluids at home?

nicolina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Any updates on Malte?  Were you able to do fluids at home?
I'm sorry I haven't updated anyone. It's been really hectic here.

But I have some good news! Giving Malte fluids at home is a possibility. When his health starts to decline again I'm going to contact the vet again.  

I also got two more jobs, so I will (hopefully!) not have any problems with something like this in the future. 

I took the fundraiser down a few days ago. Thank you everyone who helped me with this! It means a lot!