Help With Identifying My Fur Babies

Charcharkat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good Afternoon everyone,

I'm hoping to have help with identifying my babies. Long story short, both my babies don't have records of who their parents are. My oldest, Genji, is my mixed baby, we think possibly Maine coon and siamese. He's a gentle and sweet thing. Then his sister, from another mother, we believe to be birman.

But overall they are amazing and sweet. They're my little furry babies. Thank you so much for your help! 20170903_141444.jpg 20170903_141444.jpg
IMG_20170903_175055_556.jpg

Attachments

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charcharkat Charcharkat - First off, welcome to TCS.

My oldest, Genji, is my mixed baby, we think possibly Maine coon and siamese.

Genji is clearly a colourpoint - a lynx point, specifically. Maine Coon Cats do not carry the allele s on the C locus, hence there can be no direct Maine Coon ancestry in any pointed cats. He'd be described as a Lynx Colourpoint Domestic Shorthair.

Long story short, both my babies don't have records of who their parents are.
Then his sister, from another mother, we believe to be birman.

Unless they share the same Parentage, they cannot be Brother and Sister.

The second cat is pointed and mitted, and certainly bears a very good resemblance to a Birman, though without a Pedigree or an examination of DNA markers, she would be described as a Mitted Seal Colourpoint Domestic Longhair.

They're both lovely kitties.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Charcharkat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the help, we just call Maria his sister because Genji immediately took her in, (i.e. grooms her, taught her how to "cat, and protects her).

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I can't really add anything on to what 1CatOverTheLine mentioned... both gorgeous cats! :)