briigeee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_6824.JPG
IMG_7367.JPG
IMG_7381.JPG
IMG_6602.JPG
This is Butterball, a roughly 7 month old male kitty that was abandoned and found his way to PetSmart. My girlfriend adopted him and he's such an affectionate and playful cat. Me being me, I like knowing what kind of breed a cat is and how to properly explain his identifying markers and general appearance. I'm assuming he's a mixed breed (kind of reminds me of a maine coon), with long hair and a loooong furry tail. His fur is the softest ever. I'll put some pics below. If anyone can help it will be very appreciated!!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He would be a red Domestic Longhair with ghost tabby markings. He might have some Somali influence, he does bear some resemblance to a Somali, which can especially be seen in his second picture. I'll attach a link to show some pics of Somalis: Breed Profile: The Somali
See the picture of the three cats? (the one with the black background), the kitty on the far left (the color would be called "fawn" in Somalis, as in Abyssinians) looks similar to yours (again, comparing to the second photo where you can really see your kitty's modified wedge-shaped head).
Whether there actually is some Somali influence in your Butterball's ancestry, or he is just decent lookalike to a Somali, I can be sure that he is a lovely cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

briigeee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_7393.JPG
Here's a better picture of his face straight on (he's chilling out for once, he loves giving us a hard time taking photos of his face while staying still :p) Thank you so much for the reply! I can definitely see the Somali in him, I didn't even think of that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

briigeee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He would be a red Domestic Longhair with ghost tabby markings. He might have some Somali influence, he does bear some resemblance to a Somali, which can especially be seen in his second picture. I'll attach a link to show some pics of Somalis: Breed Profile: The Somali
See the picture of the three cats? (the one with the black background), the kitty on the far left (the color would be called "fawn" in Somalis, as in Abyssinians) looks similar to yours (again, comparing to the second photo where you can really see your kitty's modified wedge-shaped head).
Whether there actually is some Somali influence in your Butterball's ancestry, or he is just decent lookalike to a Somali, I can be sure that he is a lovely cat.
oops, i meant to reply to your post!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
oops, i meant to reply to your post!
No problem! I really love these forums, because I get to see pics of kitties! If you plan on sticking around TCS, (and I hope you do!) we have monthly photo contests as well as fun photo forums, like this one that would be purrfect for Butterball: Orange Cats
I hope to see more of you and Butterball around the forums!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with Abyeb. Also, I too though on a somewhat likeness to Somali.