Help With Chronic Cystitis, Constipation :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jess_and_Charlie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Why don't you go ahead and request a copy of all Charlie's records to have for yourself. Then, when you go to a new vet take them with you. Something like recent x-rays should not have to be re-done, and if you have it with you when you see the new vet, they can look at it and probably would agree that no new x-ray would be needed. Maybe true for some of the other records as well - but, yeah probably not blood work and urinalysis/urine culture.
That’s a really good idea. At this point, it would be good to have my own copy of his records either way! Always good to have his history.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jess_and_Charlie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No has mentioned anything yet to you about calming products that might help Charlie? If they did somewhere above and I missed it, sorry for repeating it.
There are tons of them on the market, just do an internet search on 'cat calming products'. One of them is Bach Rescue Remedy which are drops you can rub into a cat's ear. Some people use these to calm their cat before a vet visit. Not all of them work on all cats, so you might have to experiment with a few to find one that might work for Charlie.
Oh, I’ll have to look into the Bach Rescue Remedy! I will try anything if it might help. I did get a bottle of Feliway but I can’t really tell if it’s working - he’s a pretty laid back guy, everywhere except the litter box! I sprayed some around his favourite spot on the couch and on the blanket in his carrier for the past few vet visits.

Here is a typical napping position for him.

Attachments