Help with a litter name

smudgiecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I'm new here, but I made a post a few days ago about my rescue tortie coming to me pregnant. Shes due on Saturday but is ready to drop any time now! I'm currently thinking of some names for the litter but at the moment I'm coming up blank!

Any suggestions? They can be anything that comes to mind. I was thinking of flowers as its summer but I'm in two minds about it!

Here are some pictures of mum :)

thesighrye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
WHOA she is ready to freakin' POP!!! 

Good for you for not just taking in ONE fur baby....but potentially what will be several!!! Hats off to you

Well...this would probably be something that may come to you once you actually lay eyes on the little darlings. But, I like your flowers idea....Rose, Lily, Daisy, etc although they tend to hold more feminine names and I'm sure you may end up with a boy or two. 

Do you like any certain book series or shows? Like Harry Potter (I only suggest this because my kitty is Bellatrix, lol) Like Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, Draco....

So fan-themed names would be cute as well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smudgiecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hehe yes she is! And thank you, I've already got homes for the two I know sbout and I'd like to keep one myself along with mum :)

That's a brilliant idea! How did I not think of Harry potter! And I agree about the flowers, that's the reason I was in two minds!

shadowkitty2001

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How about  Turtle, Callie, and Shelly. And as for the flower names : For girls: Callalily, Buttercup, Blossom, Juniper,Daffodil, Rose, Heather, Ivy, Lily, Pansy, Petal, Poppy, Tulip, Fern, Sorrel, Willow, Lilac  and Orchid. For boys: Apple, Basil, Aster, Snapdragon, Oak, Reed, William, Yarrow, Mulberry and Yew. 

Here's a link to help you. www.paws-on-floors.co.uk/catnames1.html

http://www.bhg.com/pets/cats/cat-names/32-flower-names-for-your-cat/

http://cats.lovetoknow.com/girl-kitten-names

smudgiecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh wow, those are lovely, I love some of those names! I'm writing all of these down in a little book!

Shes due on Saturday, but as you can see shes ready to pop anytime now, i've just felt the babies kicking! x

thesighrye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to see pictures!! She looks like she's gonna give birth to a basketball! :D Hehehe, hope it goes well! Good vibes to you and future mama!!! <3

smudgiecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No babies yet! Mum is definitely holding well and truly on :)

No babies yet, they're well and truly holding on in there!

Also if you'd like to follow her and the kittens, I've made a facebook page as loads of people are wanting to keep up with news. Please PM for the facebook link. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

smudgiecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hehe it's so contagious isn't it! I've inboxes you x

Ooooh more kitties!!

smudgiecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know right! The vet has said at least three, so who knows! With the amount she's eating these babies are going to be walking out and finding themselves homes!

shadowkitty2001

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you decided on names yet? What I did with the previous litter was I got all the names i liked, narrowed it down to my favorites and then decided based on kitten color and personality.

smudgiecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've got a little list together but I'm going to choose when they're born like you did :) xx

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How exciting!  
  Mom is beautiful.  She is colored up like Daisy, pictured in my avatar.

Last edited:

smudgiecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mm gave birth this morning to 6 beautiful and healthy kittens. Labour started at 5:30 and the last kitten was born at 7:40. Four black beauties, a dilute and a ginge. Sexing a bit hard atm but thinking I've got 3 males and 3 females (obviously ginge and dilute speak for themselves. All are 4oz except for first born who is 3oz :)