Help! What Breed Does My Cat Resemble?

Contagiousoup

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all! I am mew :) here. I found this pawsitively wonderful site while researching my cat's color pattern. I am hoping that y'all can help me! First, I thought maybe a bicolor? But his dark spots are really more like tabby spots? So then I found Harlequin but all the pictures that I've seen haven't quite fit the bill. I know he's obviously a mix, but I've never had a cat like him before!

His name is Elmer and he will be a year old on July 4th! My husband and I adopted him from a shelter!

Thanks for your help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Contagiousoup

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Just realized these pics all have his eyes closed, so here are some with them open!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s adorable! I would describe him as a brown tabby and white Domestic Shorthair.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would also describe your kitty as a brown tabby and white domestic shorthair. Very cute! You can use the term "harlequin" to describe how much white your kitty has on him.

Terms like "brown tabby" and "harlequin" are not breed descriptions; they describe your cat's color and pattern. Most cats are not any particular breed, and are also not mixes of breeds (unlike dogs), so we simply call them domestic shorthair or longhair based on coat length.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Contagiousoup

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes! Thats more accurately what I wanted was a way to describe his fur pattern! Thanks guys! :D