Help! What breed do you think she is?

Gogirl156

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We've recently adopted this cutie and were told she is a persian cross, however i am highly doubting this although she does display all persian characteristics (gentle / docile / lower hyperactivity etc.)

Would be great to hear your thoughts on what you think!

Thank you!!

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a beautiful little kitten! Love her markings :)

From these pictures, I would describe her as a black and white domestic shorthair.

Persian cats have been selectively bred for over 100 years, and even moderate "doll faced" Persians have short sturdy legs, short cobby bodies, rounded heads, rounded eyes, small ears, and short muzzles. If your kitten had a Persian parent, we would expect to see some of those characteristics in your kitten, but I'm not seeing any signs of Persian ancestry in these pictures. It's theoretically possible that your kitten might have a Persian ancestor far enough back in her family tree that it wouldn't be obvious from looking at her... but it's very unlikely that she is a "Persian cross" or "Persian mix."

Is it possible that one of her parents has long hair, and the owner assumed it was a Persian because of the hair length?

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yahh to me it looks like there is no Persian in her, for sure not half. Domestic short hair tuxedo and so cute!