Help w/ Attachments?

summermh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've tried several times to include an attachment (picture of my kitties) in the "New Cat On the Block" forum. I browse for the file, insert the file name, and click "submit reply" but the attachment doesn't show up. I don't get any error messages... any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
Summer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

summermh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wonder if it has something to do with our Internet settings??? Hopefully someone will let us know!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like you are doing everything correctly, I can't tell you why you are having problems with attachments, sorry. Here's a link to an online photo album you might want to try. www.ofoto.com It has become difficult for Anne, our webmaster to answer questions in this forum because of all the problems that are going on in Israel, where she lives.

summermh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I thought I'd try to include an attachment from work to see if it might be a setting on my home computer that is keeping it from working... here goes!

summermh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aha, it worked! Must be something with my computer settings at home, but I have no clue where to start. I hope someone can help, I'd love to post a picture of my little Smokey in Crossing the Bridge. Thanks!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm not aware of any such thing. The only thing that comes to mind is that the file you're trying to attach from home may be too large. Can you please try attaching a smallish file from home, just to check this option? If this still does not work, I'll try and check with the forum's tech support.

summermh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It worked! I'm going to Crossing the Bridge now for a Smokey memorial post :-) Perhaps it was just a glitch going on the day I tried.

Thanks Anne! I hope is as well as can be expected in Israel, you are in my prayers!

Summer

summermh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
pawz, I think I've figured out the problem. Even if your image is saved as one of the approved file formats (.jpg, for example), the site doesn't recognize it unless the .jpg (or whatever extension you're using) is actually inlcuded in the file name. Once I simply renamed the file, it worked like a charm! Hope it works for you!

sydney the kid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
glad you could solve the problem !!
I thought you had tried to post to large pictures ...