Help! Very Urgent

Dheeksha

Black Cats are full of love ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my cat is 15 months old and she's probably 6 weeks pregnant. today early morning she has vomited and from then onwards she's not eating anything. just now she's bleeding from her vagina. she's panting and she's in pain. does she have a miscarriage? if so, do the dead kittens come out naturally. she's very scared of going to the vet. i tried to take her to the vet to get her spayed when she was 6 months old but she has bitten my hands. since then i never tried to take her to the vet. what should i do now

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If necessary sweep her into a big towel head and all.

Immobilized she will calm down.
Held her by her neckskin if necessary.

And let a vet vheck her up.

my cat is 15 months old and she's probably 6 weeks pregnant. today early morning she has vomited and from then onwards she's not eating anything. just now she's bleeding from her vagina. she's panting and she's in pain. does she have a miscarriage? if so, do the dead kittens come out naturally. she's very scared of going to the vet. i tried to take her to the vet to get her spayed when she was 6 months old but she has bitten my hands. since then i never tried to take her to the vet. what should i do now
K

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes a towel will immobilize her. Wrap her in it but first you have to sneak in so she would not notice your plans. It seems like an urgent matter and has to be seen by a vet asap.

Goodluck. I hope and pray she’d be fine.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Also, please get both of your cats spayed. I saw your other post about a 7-month-old cat who had kittens. I know you/they don't like going to the vet, but having kittens, along with potential complications, and risking pyometra/cancer/etc. later in life is far worse. It's also far more expensive.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try to corner her into a small space first, if she is still able to be coaxed, try getting her into the carrier. if not, try herding her into a small room, ideally the bathroom.
.....plan for battle first....as we feral caretakers say, "it's a steep hike for a short slide". Get your protection on - thick pants or baggy sweats on top of longjohns or pantyhose will protect your legs. Leather gloves are very beneficial. Get several towels handy. Stand the carrier up with the gate open (like a drop chute). Approach very CALMLY and deliberately, as if you were dealing with a wild mustang. If you feel nervous, take a few minutes to step away and practice with a pillow instead (in another room, where she can't see you). Plan ahead for potential problems, such as the carrier getting knocked over during struggles; leaning it slightly against a stable object or using a chair to help prop it will help if you don't have an assistant. After capturing, cover the carrier with a large towel or small blanket immediately to calm her down - cats like to feel hidden and wont struggle to get back out nearly as much.
Please keep us posted....our prayers and vibes are with you! :vibes::vibes::cheerleader::grouphug::grouphug2::hugs: :agree:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also, please get both of your cats spayed. I saw your other post about a 7-month-old cat who had kittens. I know you/they don't like going to the vet, but having kittens, along with potential complications, and risking pyometra/cancer/etc. later in life is far worse. It's also far more expensive.
Is it safe to spay her at this stage of pregnancy

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
You need to talk to the vet. She needs to go there now anyway, so you can have that conversation once she's been checked out. Have you gotten her into a carrier?
today is Sunday. it's night 9 o' clock now in India. the vet is not available now

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in my opinion, a resounding YES! . My vet spays right up to normal birth and these are ferals that will be released the next morning back into the fields. We haven't lost a kitty to post-surgery complications yet and that's been since 2006, when I first began TNR.
:vibes::vibes::vibes: Sending you calming vibes & moral support :alright: :grouphug::petcat:

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
today is Sunday. it's night 9 o' clock now in India. the vet is not available now
Then bring her first thing in the morning. Are you positive that there is no emergency vet nearby? I don't know if you live in a city, in a town, or in the country. A large city may have an emergency vet.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 9 cats. I spayed and neutered 6 of my cats. in the remaining, one male and female cats are the tough ones. They always bite my hands
Then bring her first thing in the morning. Are you positive that there is no emergency vet nearby? I don't know if you live in a city, in a town, or in the country. A large city may have an emergency vet.
no

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try to get CareCredit if money is an issue so you can pay in installments. if you pay it off in 6 months, it's usually interest free. if they say no, call the 800 number and an agent may be able to help you. Most rural vets will do a ranch call but that adds quite a bit to the bill - from $75 - $150, but we can worry about that later. Right now, a vet is our only hope. If there is a Facebook "lost pets" section for your area, try messaging or calling the page owners - they may know of possible connections. same with the local animal groups, even if they are for dogs (typically dogs get more attention so they have more connections)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
How about Call Pet Clinic? I couldn’t find a website, but they advertise themselves on Google as an emergency veterinary service in Visakhapatnam.