Help To Decide! Ginger Long Hair Domestic Kitten

naezmi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please help me decide which one of these ginger cats will have the longest hair! Thank you in advance!
IMG_20170405_180643 (3).jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

naezmi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Approx. 2 weeks old now

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, they're so cute! It's hard to really tell at this age, but the bottom one on the left looks the fluffiest at this point. Might change later.

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whoever is fluffiest now, might not be the longest haired in the future. Definitely watch them over the next couple of weeks to see how they develop.

naezmi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much! Yes, that one would be my guess too! Looking forward to more opinions!

naezmi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What age would be the best to decide? At 8 weeks will it be more obvious or earlier?

maddies momma

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know what age you would know for sure. Eight weeks seems way to young to know. I'd say at least a few months before their coat is fully developed. May I ask why u need to know?

naezmi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm looking for a long-haired kitten and the owner said, 4 of them are long-haired.

maddies momma

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm looking for a long-haired kitten and the owner said, 4 of them are long-haired.
OK that makes sense. Sorry I can't help much. I would wait as long as u can to pick a a specific one to let the hair coat develop as long as possible before deciding. As long as waiting won't make you loose out.

naezmi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, thank you! Yes, I need to wait anyway because they are too small at the moment. Hopefully, by the 8.-10. week length of their hair coat will be much more developed. Then I need to pick one so that I can start his/her vaccination program. :)

naezmi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
By the way, is it true that longish hair between kitten's toes indicate long-hair?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To me it looks like even the bottom left is only going to be medium hair. It's hard to tell at this age. Are you looking for med. hair or persian type long hair?

naezmi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Similar length would be OK. :)
looking-for-a-feline-friend.jpg
Junior_1757.jpg

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Take a look at the tails. That and ear/toe tufts is a good indicator although not a perfect system. I agree they need to grow a few weeks before fur coat length becomes more apparent. Cute group of babies and I also think the lower left ginger looks fluffiest at this time.