Help! Small Bump On Cat's Head?

musical_chick121

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone has found something similar to this on their cat?
My kitty Buddha is two years old, and overall in good health. A couple of months ago I was petting his head and felt a very small (not even 1/4 inch) bump on his head. I decided to keep an eye on it, as it didn't seem to be bothering him or causing any discomfort.
Today, as I was petting him I noticed that the bump had changed slightly from smooth to something a little more crusty/scabby. There is no oozing or bleeding etc, and it still doesn't seem to be bothering him, but I have been doing research on types of cat cancer and I am starting to get scared. =(
I will be taking him to the vet as soon as I have a little extra money, but for now I was hoping someone could take a look at this pic and tell me what they think, and if their cat has ever had anything similar. It's not the best image, since I couldn't get him to hold still for long. Thanks!!
67065067_359330344759309_3071446162658557952_n.jpg

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats can have skin tags and moles too: https://www.cuteness.com/article/cat-moles-skin-tags Mine has one on her ear.

Skin cancer is very rare among cats who are younger than middle-age. Especially if they don't spend long hours in the direct sunlight.

Some fungus like ringworm can take 2-4 months to heal when left on their own. They don't necessarily spread if the cat's immune system is doing well so it's possible to have only one spot get affected.

Obviously you need to take him to a vet. Even they can't really tell without examining in person as skin issue symptoms--on cats or on humans--can look alike a lot. Until then if possible show a video and picture of it to the vet (videos capture clearer images IME.) and put a simple antiseptic on it safe for cats.