Help... She At It Again, Peeing On My Floor

Cheerio&Yeti

CatsCatsCatsBacon
Kitten
Purraise
I really thought she had change, I love her and would never get rid of her, but if my dad finds out she had been pissing on my floor again. She as good as dead. I miss one day of litter cleaning and she pees outside her litterbox.
Im glab vinegar over rides the cat piss smell... Does anybody have any idea to train her to stop? If do- Please

Does locking her in my bedroom well i sleep cause this? I know she meows- but due to paranoia I can't keep my door. Im really struggling, please help

-Aiden

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well to get the obvious out of the way.....try not to miss cleaning her litter box.;)

Where is her current litter box? Do you have a litter box in your room? If you're going to keep her in your room overnight with the door closed, she needs a litter box in there, as well as water. That's a must.
If she's going on the floor because she's locked in your room overnight without a box, you can't "train her" to not go if she has to go, she needs a box.
If she's going outside of the litter box because she is picky about her litter being clean, that too, unfortunately, you can't "train" out of her.
Having more than one litter box in the house (one being in your room), will make so they don't get as "dirty" for her as quickly, so if you miss a day (try not to) she will hopefully not go outside of the box.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, has she been seen by a vet to rule out a urinary condition? Cystitis, UTI, crystals...
What type of food does she eat? Wet food does help with urination problems with cats, as most cats don't drink enough on their own.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. When you say you thought she had changed - what do you mean? Was she peeing outside the box before and stopped? If so, what went on then?

When she pees outside the box, is it close by the box only - or, does she pee other places as well that are not close to her box?

I read your previous posts about the peeing problem, but you never really came back and told us what happened. So, answering these questions might help members in providing helpful advice/tips. Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cheerio&Yeti

CatsCatsCatsBacon
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. When you say you thought she had changed - what do you mean? Was she peeing outside the box before and stopped? If so, what went on then?

When she pees outside the box, is it close by the box only - or, does she pee other places as well that are not close to her box?

I read your previous posts about the peeing problem, but you never really came back and told us what happened. So, answering these questions might help members in providing helpful advice/tips. Thanks!
Cheerios when she wad little she use to do it which frustrated me, after getting on a schedule for cleaning it and getting a new litter, she completely stop.

Im highschooler, I keep my room really clean thanks to Cheerio, but whenever clothes or a blanket falls on the ground, the next day it destin to have been peed on. She even piss on my backpack, and her litter box was 3 feet away.

I hope this would do.

Cheerio&Yeti

CatsCatsCatsBacon
Kitten
Purraise

I
Well to get the obvious out of the way.....try not to miss cleaning her litter box.;)

Where is her current litter box? Do you have a litter box in your room? If you're going to keep her in your room overnight with the door closed, she needs a litter box in there, as well as water. That's a must.
If she's going on the floor because she's locked in your room overnight without a box, you can't "train her" to not go if she has to go, she needs a box.
If she's going outside of the litter box because she is picky about her litter being clean, that too, unfortunately, you can't "train" out of her.
Having more than one litter box in the house (one being in your room), will make so they don't get as "dirty" for her as quickly, so if you miss a day (try not to) she will hopefully not go outside of the box.
Cheerio's litter box is in my Bedroom I clean it everyday, I even move to a different kind of litter for her liking. She then stopped. But now she going back to her old ways, and it scares me because she only kitten, and I love her to much.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks, that helps. But, again, has she had a recent check up by a vet - just to rule out health issues? Beyond that, you just CANNOT keep stuff on the floor - if she is healthy otherwise, she is just inclined to pee on stuff she finds on the floor. There are cats that do this their entire lives. BUT, if the stuff is kept off the floor, they use the litter box.

If she is healthy, make sure NONE of this stuff is on the floor. Do you have a chair to hang the backpack from? Keep your clothes in a hamper, or put them away, and do not let blankets and whatnot fall on the floor. If you want to keep your cats, this is the first start to seeing if these changes in behavior by you changes Cheerio's behavior. It's worth a shot, right?

Last edited:

Cheerio&Yeti

CatsCatsCatsBacon
Kitten
Purraise
Also, has she been seen by a vet to rule out a urinary condition? Cystitis, UTI, crystals...
What type of food does she eat? Wet food does help with urination problems with cats, as most cats don't drink enough on their own.
I give her the cat food, which i believe is called Crave with some tigers eyes on it. Her and my Other Cat Yeti both eat it, bc Yeti stomach cant handle anything else.

Cheerio&Yeti

CatsCatsCatsBacon
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, that helps. But, again, has she had a recent check up by a vet - just to rule out health issues? Beyond that, you just CANNOT keep stuff on the floor - if she is healthy otherwise, she is just inclined to pee on stuff she finds on the floor. There are cats that do this their entire lives. BUT, if the stuff is kept off the floor, they use the litter box.

If she is healthy, make sure NONE of this stuff is on the floor. Do you have a chair to hang the backpack from? Keep your clothes in a hamper, or put them away, and do not let blankets and whatnot fall on the floor. If you want to keep your cats, this is the first start to seeing if these changes in behavior by you changes Cheerio's behavior. It's worth a shot, right?
Cheerios went to the Vet last month, my plan is to get her fix by the end of January. Bc I dont want anymore kitten.
I will try this, then again my room is pretty clean. I will try to inform you guys if she changes.

Ps I never raise a kitten before so this site helps a lot for my burning questions. Thank you
-Aiden

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cheerios went to the Vet last month, my plan is to get her fix by the end of January. Bc I dont want anymore kitten.
I will try this, then again my room is pretty clean. I will try to inform you guys if she changes.

Ps I never raise a kitten before so this site helps a lot for my burning questions. Thank you
-Aiden
You ARE doing good!!! And, we will help you anyway we can!

Depending on how old she is, getting her spayed might actually help! Some cats will spray as they age and start to mature.

But, still, in the meantime, get the stuff off the floor!!!!!