Help Sex My Kitten

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Male! Do you have plans to get him neutered, dewormed, and vaccinated?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crashkitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Male! Do you have plans to get him neutered, dewormed, and vaccinated?
As much as I wold like to know what that has to do with his gender; yes obviously I plan on getting him everything he needs. I've had him for about 18 hours. He's not old enough to be neutered. He's will has his vaccinationson and I dono believe that he has worms

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As much as I wold like to know what that has to do with his gender; yes obviously I plan on getting him everything he needs. I've had him for about 18 hours. He's not old enough to be neutered. He's will has his vaccinationson and I dono believe that he has worms
I was asking basic kitten care questions. His bum looks a bit irritated, which could be because of worms. All kittens need to be dewormed.

Where did you get him? How old is he?

crashkitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A relative actually had him before me. He was the runt and the kittens were not well cared for. They found this guy hiding behind a couch. He's special. He can't meow. His back legs were dislocated or some thing of that sort so he doesn't walk properly. ( hence the name Crash ) not sure how to tell if he has worms or was dewormed but there's none in his poop. Although it's slightly runny and yellow ish. I believe him to have been born in late July or maybe August. I don't know much more than that. I don't have loads of money but I'm going to try to care for him to the best of my ability.

crashkitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've never had to care for such a high needs kitten. Something appears to be wrong with his tail as well. He doesn't lift it very well. He always tucks it to the side and whines when you try to touch it. Im not sure how to care for his bum either. The vet wants and arm and a leg to see him.Not sure what to do

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sound like he has a spinal injury. Are there any more vets in the area? Prices can vary wildly between clinics. Also call all of the rescue organizations in the area to see if they know of a less expensive vet or any grants you could apply for.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It also sounds like he may have a parasite, like coccidia. You won’t necesarily see worms in his stool.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, the yellow runny poop is consistent with coccidia, which is a parasite that many kittens have. It can be treated with Albon and panacur, neither of which is expensive.

He may be holding his tail close and wincing because his bottom is sore from the diarrhea.

You can clean his bottom gently with a soft, warm cloth, and apply A&D diaper ointment, or coconut oil. It should give him some relief while it heals.

Do call around other vets for pricing options. He does need to be seen.

Once he feels better he may act like a different kitten! :)

crashkitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did the a&d ointment, he's currently mad at me. I will call everywhere possible first thing tomorrow. Sounds like I'm in a little over my head :/ like I said before though I will try to get him all the care he needs, he's such a special boy and I love him already. Thank you all so much for the feedback

crashkitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I know better than to Google things, but I Googled coccidia and now I'm kinda freaking out. He sleeps in my bed, can I get it? Where can I find the medicine, and/or can I get it without seeing a vet? Can it still be in my house or in the litter box after I treat him? Lol what did I get myself into. I live in very small town, there's one humane society and maybe 2 or 3 vets. I'm hoping I can find someone to help me :/

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Albon is prescription. It's easy to clean the litter box and replace litter so he does not get reinfected. You will not get it. Try to relax! :)

crashkitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How can I get it without seeing a vet

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitten needs to see a vet. He needs the albon, but he also needs first vaccines. See if someone will work with you on a payment plan to get him through his kitten series.

crashkitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay are you going to pay for it?

crashkitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have to my pay rent before I can pay a vet bill. I also have a child to care for. I understand he needs to see a vet but I can't afford it right now, so thank you for your input but Im not looking to be lectured.

cryptic

Mama to Jinx and Java
Young Cat
Purraise
Crashkitty, will all good intentions in mind, you came here to ask for help. Everyone above was more than nice, gave you all the answers you could possibly need, there's no reason to get snippy with any of them... no lectures were given. If you can't afford to get this kitty the vet help he needs, it's probably best he's put in a situation where he can get that help - there are a lot of options. There are low cost clinics, rescues willing to take him in and give him help, rehoming to a responsible family... (Again, nothing but good vibes here, not trying to be rude.)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not lecturing, but there is no way to take care of the little one’s needs without a vet at this point. That’s why I recommended a payment plan.