Help! Possibly Pregnant Cat With Bloody Stool

kKrug08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,

About 2 months ago, I had a garage sale and this random cat I had never seen before just showed up out of no where. She hung around all day and was super skinny and so friendly. Being the cat lover that I am, I couldn't help but feed her and eventually decided to let her just be my outdoor cat, since I already have 2 male indoor cats. I was planning on getting her spayed after Christmas, since I thought she had a few months to go. Jump to now and I'm 90% positive that she is pregnant. I moved her into my garage and she is perfectly content there. Her symptoms are swollen belly, purring constantly, more affectionate, and made a little nesting spot in a box with old blankets and clothes. However, her nipples do not seem to be "pinking" and yesterday she had a bloody stool right outside her litter box. I will upload pictures in a few minutes. Please take a look and let me know what you guys think.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blood in the stool is not normal, whether she is pregnant or not. She should really see a vet.

Thank you for caring for her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kKrug08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_2941.JPG
This is the day she showed up (Oct 6th)

kKrug08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_3459.JPG
I Forgot I took a picture of the stool.

kKrug08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Blood in the stool is not normal, whether she is pregnant or not. She should really see a vet.

Thank you for caring for her!
Thank you for responding. I know taking her to the vet is ideal, but I honestly cannot afford to at the moment. Earlier this year one of my male cats had a complete bladder blockage and required emergency surgery to save his life. $1500 later he is doing well, but was diagnosed with FIC and requires a special diet ($$$). Plus being a broke college student with Christmas coming up doesn't help either.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my! Is it stool in the blood, or could it be from her uterus? That's a great deal of blood!

Bloody stool can be a sign of infection in the intestines also, which is treated with antibiotics and anti-parasite medication.

She needs to be seen by a vet.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She most likely has worms. She DOES look pregnant. I would call the vet and see what they suggest, tell them you could bring in a stool sample. Tell them the blood is bright red,which can sometimes be good since that means it is lower in the intestine, black means it is from the stomach or higher up. Save that picture too to bring in, it is very valuable in them making a diagnosis. That way you can at least save a vet office call if you go in yourself or E-mail it.
Do you know at all when she is due? Keep us posted!

kKrug08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No she hasn't been seen by a vet. I will call tomorrow and see what they say. Most likely they will tell me to bring her up there and charge me a crap ton. Maybe I can explain my situation and see if they will cut me a deal? Also, that was the only bloody stool and she is eating, playing (chasing my feet and playing with toys), and seems to be more than content with her constant purring.

kKrug08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She most likely has worms. She DOES look pregnant. I would call the vet and see what they suggest, tell them you could bring in a stool sample. Tell them the blood is bright red,which can sometimes be good since that means it is lower in the intestine, black means it is from the stomach or higher up. Save that picture too to bring in, it is very valuable in them making a diagnosis. That way you can at least save a vet office call if you go in yourself or E-mail it.
Do you know at all when she is due? Keep us posted!
Thank you, I will call tomorrow and see what they say. Maybe I can explain my situation and see if they are willing to work with me on the price? I cant afford any vet bills at the moment and I'm not putting it on my credit card since its almost maxed from the last cat operation. Also, that was the only bloody stool and she is eating, playing (chasing my feet and playing with toys), and seems to be more than content with her constant purring.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she had normal poops? I am wondering like Sarthur2 Sarthur2 if it came from her uterus and she might have a Pyometra... either way, that much blood is alarming.

kKrug08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, she has. She just had a bowel movement about an hour ago and there wasn’t any blood.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be inclined to believe that she is having vaginal discharge... have you noticed her being wet down there at all? I think she needs an x-ray to rule out a pyometra...