Help! Poorly Kitten Can't Keep Anything Down

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, I was thinking you meant a whole other vet office. Sorry. Given that, I don't blame you one bit. With any luck, if the original vet is on duty while your baby is there and sees what has happened it will be a VERY humbling experience for him/her.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hold onto the point that you finally got the imaging and the diagnose by the vet who actually did well in vet school. If he isn't the vet, the one who does the surgery probably excelled at surgery. No doubt the smart vet gave the surgeon the imagining and what he'd found.

Surgery and diagnosing are two different skills.

If you continue with this Vet group, any time you have an elective visit in mind, see if you can make appointments to see a particular vet. I always do. If you can't make appointments, ask for the vet you want. Call in the morning and see if he's on duty and if he's in surgery. That way you'll know you can ask to see him when you go in, rather than another.

Don't be shy about it. Every vet knows that clients have their favorites, sometimes it's the pet who chooses, sometimes the person. If the jealousy at the group runs so high you can't do this, ...well, I'd be looking for another vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cynthia11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately it's the same hospital! In retrospective, I regret not letting the other hospital carry on his treatment. Maybe they wouldn't have done better, but it may be hard to have done worse.

They will probably be on duty sooner or later, but that's terrifying! If he was to have any complications, would they even notice?

I'll have to think long and hard about his future medical care. You can bet that if I decide to continue going there, I'll always be asking for one of those who correctly judged his situation. They did very well. Sorry to say, but the rest I just can't trust again.

That said, I am very thankful for the vets who seemed to really care and who treated him and continue to care for him as well as the surgeon. They did a good job and still do, they've been very good with updating and took their time reassuring me and going through things with me in detail, despite how intense I must now come across (picture a concerned parent). I can't thank them enough and I can't lump them in with the guys who let him down.

For now, he recovering, but isn't out of the water. I can't really rest easy until his internal incisions are healed and the risk of sepsis has passed.

I think the phrase "bright and well" is forever going to trigger me into an angry fit....