Help Please!

k.belindaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

So this is my four year old Male original Doll Face Persian, and hes been my best friend for his whole life. In the past couple months he has decided to start a new, nasty habit. He will use his litter box all day, for poos and pees, then at night when everyone is resting or asleep he will go take a poo in my oldest daughters room, ALWAYS in the same spo . He does this nightly, once a night, yet will use his litter box all day any time he needs to go. I dont know what to do, how to make him stop, or why he even started doing this. He's been really interested in going outside lately but he obviously isnt built to be outside especially in this heat, but he also has no claws to defend himself outside. Any advice on how to make him stop pooping in the exact same spot in my daughter's room every night?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Sorry though for the reason that brought you here.

Now I'm going to ask a lot of questions...

- Has anything changed in your household in the past couple months, just before this started? Any new people? Change in routines?
- Is he an only pet?
- Is he eating, drinking, sleeping normally?
- Have you tried closing your daughter's bedroom door at night? Or putting a litter box in the spot where he is going?
-Do you clean the area with an enzyme cleaner?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His feet might be in pain from the declaw. Can you try an additional litter box with softer litter?

Please don't let him outside. It's dangerous.

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can you block off the spot that he's using repeatedly, or better still, put another litter box there?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
put another litter box in your daughter's room. My cats go where ever I am so I have one in my living room,bathroom,and bedroom. There is no odor

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE: Thank you for responding and trying to help this member. However, this is an old thread, and the original poster hasn't been back in over a year.