Help please.....

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I need some ideas on our 5 yr old kitty Patchy. She was a stray years ago before we got her. She has been FELV/FIV tested. She has had a 4 lbs weight loss over the last 2 years, more noticeable recently. She is always being picked on by one of our other cats but recently that has improved.  I took her to the vet on Saturday for exam and a senior screen bloodwork. I just heard from the vet about her results. We were thinking thyroid on Saturday but results came back normal for that, her calcium is up to 10 and her kidney and liver values are off as well. The Vet has ordered an abdominal ultrasound for her sometime this week when they can get the ultrasonographer in. I am just wondering what would cause the calcium to be soo high.

She is my 4 yr old daughters BEST friend and I really hate to think what they may find this week when we do the ultrasound........

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had enough blood tests turn out odd with my gang to know that its hard to interpret them myself, particularly if multiple values are abnormal. If your vet wants to run an ultrasound, did they tell you what they suspect by the blood work that is causing them to suggest this test? Call them and ask what they suspect.