Help Please..What breed is my cat..NFC or Maine Coon

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 WOW! What a gorgeous cat!     His pattern looks like Brown Mackerel Tabby.

I'd say definitely more of a Maine Coon look.  (and I regularly see cats of both breeds). 

That does not necessarily mean for sure that he is related to  Maine Coons.    Cats are not like dogs that usually are a breed , with ancestors that were selectively bred by humans.   With cats the vast majority have just bred randomly on their own.       Maine Coons  started as a natural breed that just developed on their own   by random breeding and adaptation to their environment....    so sometimes other random-bred cats can turn out similar which probably means ancestors from a similar sort of environment.  

I would be interested to hear where does  this majestic cat come from  ( location)  and what do you know about his background?  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

martydee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well it is a very sad time for us as our beloved Max passes away last week after a serious stomach infection

We took Max on 3 years ago when we believe he was 6 years old after he survived a road traffic accident

which resulted in him having major surgery to remove both of his hip ball and socket joints

But he recovered well  

We are now trying to find out what breed he was but one thing we do know is he was the most

loving friendly gentle giant you could ever wish for in a cat

He now rests in the garden he loved in Romford, Essex, England

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 I am so sorry for your loss of your Max.    I'm glad you saved him and gave him 3 more happy years of life.

He was just a magnificent looking cat and those are some great photos.  

Being in  England,  that rules out the possibility he was a native Maine Coon!    still it's possible he was at least partly Maine Coon,   he sure had some of the look.     (   Actually,   he has a look that is a little between those two breeds but I think leans more toward MC.  ) 

It sounds like you would probably like them. .. they are known as gentle giants,  too.       Maybe go to a cat show of GCCF or TICA ,  or contact  The Maine Coon Cat Club  http://www.maine-coon-cat-club.com/