Help Please! Urgent! Abandoned Kitten Crying To Leave Safe Room?

QueenTiff0420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok so I’m going to tell the whole story including my mistake and hope I don’t get fried on here.

So between my house in back of the backyard there is woods and then we hve back neighbors, the woods are not deep it’s just like 2 feet of trees, vines, ect

Before the woods, we have a building:shed. So a few days ago I found 2 black kittens about 10 weeks I got one and one ran away. So I put spook in my bathroom that was still set up for taz when I got him a month ago. ( he owns the house and the 2 older cats now)

I wanted to keep this kitten so much but my boyfriend wasn’t having it, a lot of money and I just got a new kitten. I wanted taz to have a friend.

Anyways something happened, I don’t know why I did it but I ended up setting spook in the backyard and she ran under the building again. This was 3 nights ago
So the next day I found out the people that lived through the woods had to move And left 3 kittens. I found the 2 the same day they were left. And the same night I let her back out

So I have been leaving food out, feeling like shit since then and I kept looking for her but the next night she was no longer under it. Well tonight I kept hearing moews and it took 30 minutes of looking and she was crying loud but me and boyfriend found her stuck in tree in woods. He got her and put her in my bathroom.

I fed her, gave her water and a nice warm bed but all she wants to do is run out of room. Like she sees me and she doesn’t care she tries to take off.

I don’t understand, I thought she would feel safe in there...
What can I do to help her? If I’m in there with her, she just doesn’t care, she wants out...not love or cuddles

Please help?

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It takes time. And you haven't given the kitten that, not yet. There is no problem here, you still can give the kitten time, if you are going to keep her. But you must decide. If you want to keep the kitten, you might need to keep it in the safe room for up to a week. Spend time in there, just sitting on the closed toilet using your phone or whatever. Right now, because there has been waffling, the outside is still where feels like home and feels safe. That can change, but not instantly.

If you are not keeping the kitten, a shelter (if you can't rehome yourself) is a better bet than feeding it outside. If you find an adult cat outside, maybe hard to rehome in your area, that is different, better at surviving and harder to rehome, but a kitten should be in a shelter if you aren't keeping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

QueenTiff0420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh she is staying in the safe room and not going back outside, ever! I can’t believe I did that but my mind was just off that day, as for other reasons. As soon as I put her back out (I also didn’t know her story at that point) I hated myself. That was so wrong and that baby could have died

I put her in the safe room as soon as she came out of the tree, but she just cried and wanted to leave it. Now I know they cry, and I just got another kitten same age a few weeks ago and went through it but he cried for attention. I feel like she’s crying to leave

I don’t know if I’m keeping her or giving her to a friend yet but I’m not taking her to my shelter

Oh and I found out she had a hard birth and it took a while and I just wanted to throw that out there. She acts a little “slow” it’s hard to explain but I gave never seen a kitten act like that. I didn’t know if that was the birth or what

Anyways she eats blue wilderness kitten food with me and I mix in KMR and I also give her a little bowl of KMR at night. ( I do the same for taz)

She had stuffed animals, toys, litterbox and is trained. She has everything she needs

QueenTiff0420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It won’t let me edit my post but I wanted to clarify two things

That’s blue wilderness wet kitten food she’s eating

She was born inside and stayed inside For 10 weeks until her owners left her and The other 2. (Can’t find, Part of the reason I put her back out was because I figured maybe they find each other but that was not the case) I found her the same day, hours later after her owners put her outside and she was inside my house for six or seven hours and I put her back out side and that lasted for 3 nights. Those two or three days it is all she’s ever been outside and I think she scared so that’s why I don’t know why she acts like she wants to leave

QueenTiff0420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I saw you asked about her owners and if they know I have her.

They moved and it was their daughters kittens and they just left them outside and didn’t come back for them. The neighbor said they didn’t want to take them

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
it was their daughters kittens and they just left them outside and didn’t come back for them.
That's so incredible - thank you for letting me know (I'd realized I didn't read your first post closely enough). Oh, and you'll be able to edit after you have done about 20 posts and have been a member for a week, the option will be available in the lower lefthand corner.

Did some music help?

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Grrrrrrr. I hate it when people move and leave their cats behind. Especially young ones like that. Or seniors. Or any cat, come to think of it.

Just give this little one time. It’s normal for her to be frightened in new surroundings. She probably wants her mom and siblings. And thank you for taking her in. You are right, kittens should come in pairs :)

SDerailed

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please don't take offense to her trying to get out. Cats are comforted by knowing their area is safe, and any new 'territory' is bad to them until they find out t's safe. While you gave her everything she needed, she probably feels like she's been abducted by some very nice aliens and would like to go back to her home planet. It's nothing you are doing wrong, she is just uncomfortable with a whole life upheaval

QueenTiff0420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know! I’m not necessarily feeling upset because I’m trying to make her happy and she wants to leave, I’m upset because she is unhappy and is trying to leave. Does that make sense?

Anyways she is doing much better! She loves cuddles and is starting to purr. Also my other kitten who I got a month ago snuck into the room tonight and swatted her, I think he’s kinda jealous. He acts like I’m his mom! She seems interested in him though so maybe in a few weeks they can be friends!

I posted a picture of the newest (black) with my oldest male (13ish) on the day I got her the first time. I took her inside after that. Also the others are of my kitten taz because he’s the love of my life at this point

Attachments

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got Bassie (8 months) when Little Bit was about 4 months old. They swatted at each other once or twice and then became the best of friends. Give it time. And, of course, give your boy lots of attention so he’s less jealous.