Help please! Cat swollen mouth and has cracks there

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so so much for all your supportive words. It means a lot to me and it really helps with the stress when my cat has situations like this ❤❤

Quick update: currently August 16 1:33 AM I woke up and saw him doing this trying to clean the area, he was rubbing it quite vigorously before I started recording.
It doesn't let me attach a video so I'll post it to Youtube and link the video here: August 16, 2023

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That’s great!! That means it doesn’t hurt to much for him to clean. I would just allow him to do what he is doing.
He really is a stunning cat!!

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so so much for all your supportive words. It means a lot to me and it really helps with the stress when my cat has situations like this ❤❤

Quick update: currently August 16 1:33 AM I woke up and saw him doing this trying to clean the area, he was rubbing it quite vigorously before I started recording.
It doesn't let me attach a video so I'll post it to Youtube and link the video here: August 16, 2023
Thats a great sign!! I would still probably give it a few days before trying to look in his mouth to check his little teeth. This way you don't aggravate it any. I can't tell in the video. Did the swelling go down even more? If so that's also great too 🩵🩵😺

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your advice. Photo Update august 16 2:24 PM
There has started to be cracking on his nose bridge like there's weird brown stuff I have attached images of it as well as his mouth
IMG_20230816_142325.jpg
IMG_20230816_142309.jpg

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also no I did not bring my cat's home without my parents permission, my parents agreed to get them before I brought them home. 😊

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol I can't recall how old I was but I remember I was at a friend's house who had some pups and well less just say when I went back home I had a little furball with me hahaha my parents warmed up to her afrer about a week or so but man did they give me a good talking to lol 😆 I'll never forget that.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I don’t think anyone said you did.
So, it honestly looks like there was some unseen trauma that maybe the hair hid but is now forming a scab on the top of his nose. Don’t put anything on it because he will just lick it off. Just continue as you have been doing. Don’t be surprised if the skin comes off that area. He will wind up with a little scar I am sure. But it should be fine. It looks like it is healing.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are doing
Got it. Update august 17 4:40 PM his nose is lighting in color than yesterday and it seems to me that the swelling went down a bit. Some of the flaky stuff came off
View attachment 457402View attachment 457403
It does look like the swelling has gone down. It looks quite a bit better. I would just continue doing what you have for him because he is healing up very nicely.
And every time I see a picture of him all I can think of is how stinkin sure he is. ❤❤😺