Help please! Cat scratched eye

Dheeksha

Black Cats are full of love ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My two male cats got into a fight. My cat closed his left eye now. It was pink. There's no discharge or blood. I tried to see his eye his white eyelid is covered half of his eye. I am very scared. He ate normally. It's midnight now. I'll take him to the vet tomorrow morning. Can anyone say his eyesight is ok? Please tell me. I'm crying.

TooManyFelines

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't worry too much, the eye will probably be okay. We have had a couple with scratched eyes due to fighting and the vet prescribed eye drops that prevented infection and cleared the scratches up. If they are not neutered you should have that done, that will make them less aggressive and less likely to fight. And also trim their claws regularly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Don't worry too much, the eye will probably be okay. We have had a couple with scratched eyes due to fighting and the vet prescribed eye drops that prevented infection and cleared the scratches up. If they are not neutered you should have that done, that will make them less aggressive and less likely to fight. And also trim their claws regularly.
Thank you. Yes I'll trim their nails. And are you sure his eye will be ok?

TooManyFelines

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Yes I'll trim their nails. And are you sure his eye will be ok?
I can't be sure, but I can tell you our two with scratched eyes completely recovered. If the eye is severely injured it may take more veterinary intervention to save it, but a minor scratch can be treated with drops/ointments and will be okay quickly. Here's a good article by a veterinarian: Why Kitty Eyes Are More Prone to Injury in Multi-Cat Households

Are they neutered? If not, definitely consider having that done. It makes a world of difference for them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't be sure, but I can tell you our two with scratched eyes completely recovered. If the eye is severely injured it may take more veterinary intervention to save it, but a minor scratch can be treated with drops/ointments and will be okay quickly. Here's a good article by a veterinarian: Why Kitty Eyes Are More Prone to Injury in Multi-Cat Households

Are they neutered? If not, definitely consider having that done. It makes a world of difference for them.
One is neutered and the other is a kitten. His surgery is on 6th of this month. The kitten scratched my cat. Nothing should happen to him.

TooManyFelines

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One is neutered and the other is a kitten. His surgery is on 6th of this month. The kitten scratched my cat. Nothing should happen to him.
Of course nothing should happen to your kitten or other cat, I hope no one told you it should. It is great that you are getting the kitten neutered. You are doing the right thing by taking kitty to the vet, it is much easier and cheaper to treat injuries immediately. I hope you will let us know how the vet appointment goes tomorrow!!