Help please baby cat EMERGENCY

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OK, I have read now. You got good advices!
This emergency recipe you got should be working, yes.
Evaporated milk, egg yolk, water, add some honey or plain table sugar as you dont have Karo, a trifle salt... mix it and boil it together if the recipe says so. Cool down to body temp....
Thank you so much for the advice I appreciate it thank you

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is the little guy today?

The evaporated milk recipe with a sprinkle of sugar and salt and an egg yolk is a good one.

Hoping you are getting formula today! He looks like he may be old enough to lap on his own once he gets stronger.

Thank you for your efforts! Keep us posted. 😊

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How is the little guy today?

The evaporated milk recipe with a sprinkle of sugar and salt and an egg yolk is a good one.

Hoping you are getting formula today! He looks like he may be old enough to lap on his own once he gets stronger.

Thank you for your efforts! Keep us posted. 😊
thank you for asking honestly I think he's doing better he was wagging his tail earlier and I heard his first meow and yeah I hope once I get the real replacement he'll pep up more thank you

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How often are you feeding him? Is he drinking a good amount? It’s important that he stays hydrated. I would offer him the mixture every 2 hours for now. If he doesn’t want it each time, don’t force it.

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How often are you feeding him? Is he drinking a good amount? It’s important that he stays hydrated. I would offer him the mixture every 2 hours for now. If he doesn’t want it each time, don’t force it.
Yes I have been feeding him about every two hours he's drinking good and also he had his first pee and it was alot of pee also he's pooping okay it's watery but yeah thank you also yes he eats but I stop when he like moves his head away then I put him back in his box with the heating pad thank you

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it was a long night but you have done excellent work! I am so glad he is doing better. You are in very good hands. The people helping you really know what they are doing. Hopefully you can get that previous one to a vet soon. The goo in his eyes may need a little ointment. The mom cat may take him when he is better but he may not need her to nurse from now. Bravo for helping this little one!

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know it was a long night but you have done excellent work! I am so glad he is doing better. You are in very good hands. The people helping you really know what they are doing. Hopefully you can get that previous one to a vet soon. The goo in his eyes may need a little ointment. The mom cat may take him when he is better but he may not need her to nurse from now. Bravo for helping this little one!
Thank you so much for this it's all thanks to everyone that helped especially you thank you

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a group effort here. white shadow white shadow actually took over so that I could get some , desperately needed rest. The follow up by StefanZ StefanZ and Sarthur2 Sarthur2 tied it all up. This is a place of kind and loving people who really wanted to help you save a life. You did the work! We are all just hoping that the little one will be fine now. Please do let us know. You mentioned you are young. You did an amazing job. Maybe you will be a vet one day?

Last edited:

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It was a group effort here. white shadow white shadow actually took over so that I could get some , desperately needed rest. The follow up by StefanZ StefanZ and Sarthur2 Sarthur2 tied it all up. This is a place of kind and loving people who really wanted to help you save a life. You did the work! We are all just hoping that the little one will be fine now. Please do let us know. You mentioned you are young. You did an amazing job. Maybe you will be a vet one day?
Yes to the people who see this thank all of you for helping yes the kittien is still very lethargic but I hope he gets better with the food that I'm giving him also I really would love to be a zoologist or just something that works with animals like a vet But anyways thank you so much I appreciate all ur help

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you would be great working with animals. You kept a calm attitude and you followed everything you needed to do! :clap2::heartshape: You have a talent for it.
The kitten is still lethargic do continue all you were doing for him last night. He could have a little infection, virus or other need for vet care so do get him seen as soon as you can. You can help him to keep getting strength with the foods and fluids you are using. It’s going to take time for him to recover because he was so desperately sick last night. The fact that his system is all working, pee, poop, eating, drinking is all a credit to your love and compassion as well as persistence. One thing that you should probably do is keep him away from the other kitties until he is well again. Or, at least much better and checked by the vet. A quiet room where he can get plenty of rest. Let us know if you have any questions and definitely let us know how he does.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If he is not better by Monday, please get him vet checked. As mentioned, he may need treating for an infection. Otherwise, he may just need continued fluids, food, and love and care! ❤

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If he is not better by Monday, please get him vet checked. As mentioned, he may need treating for an infection. Otherwise, he may just need continued fluids, food, and love and care! ❤
Hi I'm sorry to inform you but he passed today I just woke up and he's gone I just want to say to all the people who see this thank you so so so much for everything all you help and kind words ment alot thank you.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stargirl212 Stargirl212 💖🌹 Godspeed and tailwinds west, little cat spirit. You did an amazing job with that little kitty. He left this realm knowing tenderness and love. Your new knowledge and experience will serve you well in helping other kittens in need, whether they are directly in your care or you are giving advice. I hope and pray that you remain active with TCS. Sending you hugs from us all - we have been there :alright::grouphug:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry but I hope you remember this, you made him comfortable and loved. He wasn’t feeling hunger, thirst and his body functioned to give him relief so he spent his last time here as a kitten should. Anytime you can give those kinds of things to any creature, you have given them what we all want most. Comfort, tenderness and love. You were there in the most important of all ways. Thank you. Thank you. I would hope for someone like you beside me in my last moments. :hugs: I hope to see you visiting us around the site.

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Stargirl212 Stargirl212 💖🌹 Godspeed and tailwinds west, little cat spirit. You did an amazing job with that little kitty. He left this realm knowing tenderness and love. Your new knowledge and experience will serve you well in helping other kittens in need, whether they are directly in your care or you are giving advice. I hope and pray that you remain active with TCS. Sending you hugs from us all - we have been there :alright::grouphug:
Thank you so much all of this is very sweet thank you

Stargirl212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry but I hope you remember this, you made him comfortable and loved. He wasn’t feeling hunger, thirst and his body functioned to give him relief so he spent his last time here as a kitten should. Anytime you can give those kinds of things to any creature, you have given them what we all want most. Comfort, tenderness and love. You were there in the most important of all ways. Thank you. Thank you. I would hope for someone like you beside me in my last moments. :hugs: I hope to see you visiting us around the site.
Thank you so so so much I appreciate this so much all of these kind words means alot thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.