Help, new to this.

frederikmumma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
I'm very new this, my DH and I just adopted a kitten 3months as of yesterday and he was a stray. We are wondering if his behavior is normal, as many of our friends are saying it is. He has ample amounts of toys, boxes and tunnels to play with and we play with him, but he would rather climb the walls and blinds. He is also scratching and biting like crazy more my partner then me, he's tried ignoring him, giving him a toy to attack. I'm running out of ideas, he is a great cat, litter trained and affectionate. I'm just worried that because he was a stray he may have missed out on kitty mummy sibling bonding.
I just don't know. Please help :sigh:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I think he's a kitten

Never be tempted to use your hands as a toy.. or feet.. as kitty will see them as something to attack and that's a very difficult one to change once it's done.

Laser toys (the little lights that they chase) and dangly things like DaBird are great for using up kitty energy. 

When mine were young I had tunnels and cardboard boxes everywhere - the place looked ridiculous but the cats were happy - and I used interactive toys (balls that ran around a ring etc) that I would alternate each day so they didn't get tired of them.

I don't think there's anything wrong... kittens can be absolutely crazy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frederikmumma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mr Frederik sleeps in our room, either on our bed or in his little corner. Some nights it gets to about midnight or 2 depends on how sleepy he is, but he will come and seek me out and head butt my face/head then attack me, scratching and/or biting my face the first few times he had done it i thought it was him letting me know he was hungry/thirsty/wanted to go to the toilet, so i took him to the next room, but nothing. He's not locked in our room and he is free to roam the house. Does anyone have any ideas! I just want a full nights sleep with out being attacked.

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat headrubs me on the middle of the night sometimes and if I move the wrong way while asleep will pounce on the offending body part. She is still a kitten. I think your cat wants your attention in the middle of the night when he is up and you are not. I would try playing with him more while you are awake to tired him out more and make sure he gets his attention time before it's bedtime.