Help :( New kitten, other kittens don't like him :(

han_bee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone

We bought 2 female kittens, Bee&Poppy, 4 weeks ago on Tuesday. We then decided to get a third kitten from an entirely different litter, a grey male. We introduced them how we have been told to; by letting him out of his vet case at his own speed and letting him sniff around and letting the other kittens sniff him.

At first, Bee was really nice and she sniffed and then licked him. However, when Poppy approached, she warned Poppy off by hissing at her. Since then, Bee and Poppy have both growled and hissed at our little male kitten (called Blue). We have tried to put them together, and we have also made our females feel like we are on their side in a way, by petting them when they are nervous.

What can we do to help them get along? I really don't want kittens fighting all the time
They haven't actually gone for each other yet, but i'm sure its only a matter of time before they do

Thanks for any help.

kitay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If they are still kittens that is perfect! they will most likely grow out of it. But there isnt much you could do. Just don't keep them separated. Try to distract them from each other. I think they will eventually get along.

dorothyb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The girls will get over themselves soon! This is just drawing lines in the sand-they will be OK. Bob and I send you good energy and peace.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If this kitten is a boy and nobody is fixed yet, be careful! Cats can breed as young as 4 months. If the girls aren't yet spayed, I'd recommend having that done ASAP, since you said they're already 4 months old.

But, yes, they're just sorting things out. Kittens almost always learn to get along eventually, they just need to establish a few things first

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

han_bee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Whenever Blue is near, Bee and Poppy hiss at him. He doesn't do anything back, just tries to turn away from them. I just want them to get along and to make Blue feel welcome

& no, they aren't spayed or neutured. Didn't know they could breed that early! That's crazy! Thanks for the advice so far

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, cats are very efficient breeders. They can start at 4 months, can have 3 litters a year, and keep having litters well into their teens. That's why overpopulation is so bad
. So definitely make appointments for them to be fixed soon, or you'll have some big problems to deal with!

Don't push them to be friends. They'll work it out soon enough. Don't interfere unless you see blood

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

han_bee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They haven't physically attacked each other which I guess is a good sign
I've been told that they growl to keep their guard, and when they are used to the new cat they will stop warning them off.