Help! Neighbors Have Given Us A Cat, And Then Our Cat Had A Litter! Curious As To The Breed Of Them

Kamal'sKat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all!
Our lovely cat Leo has been a little promiscuous and been flirting with some neighborhood cats. She had a litter of very adorable kitties, and I was curious if anyone would be able to identify Leo or her kittens! Thanks a lot :)

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From the group picture (IMG_2236) she appears to be a blue tabby domestic shorthair. I'm seeing one blue tabby kitten (visible in IMG_2634 and the group picture) and the others appear to be brown tabbies. It's normal variation for some brown tabbies to be darker with a lot of black in the pattern, and others to be lighter with less black in the pattern.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kamal'sKat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
From the group picture (IMG_2236) she appears to be a blue tabby domestic shorthair. I'm seeing one blue tabby kitten (visible in IMG_2634 and the group picture) and the others appear to be brown tabbies. It's normal variation for some brown tabbies to be darker with a lot of black in the pattern, and others to be lighter with less black in the pattern.
Thank you for the response! Haha, the blue tabby kitten was actually her a year ago! It's crazy how time flies, isn't it? Anyway, I appreciate your response in helping us figure out her roots :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leo and her kittens need to stay 100% inside and away from intact males until the kittens have weaned and mom can be spayed. Do you need help finding a low cost spay/neuter clinic in your area?

They are super cute, but you'll have litter after litter without some preventative action here.

Kamal'sKat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Leo and her kittens need to stay 100% inside and away from intact males until the kittens have weaned and mom can be spayed. Do you need help finding a low cost spay/neuter clinic in your area?

They are super cute, but you'll have litter after litter without some preventative action here.
Hello! Thanks for the comment! We made the mistake of letting her be an outdoor cat without being spayed, but we are going to make sure it is taken care of this time. We gave away all but one of the kittens to loving homes, and Leo has found a home with a friend who is very excited to take care of her! That leaves us with one lovely little kitten (a brown/orange tabby whom I affectionately named Doorhinge (hehe)). We will be making sure the same mistake does not happen again! Thank you again :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! Thanks for the comment! We made the mistake of letting her be an outdoor cat without being spayed, but we are going to make sure it is taken care of this time. We gave away all but one of the kittens to loving homes, and Leo has found a home with a friend who is very excited to take care of her! That leaves us with one lovely little kitten (a brown/orange tabby whom I affectionately named Doorhinge (hehe)). We will be making sure the same mistake does not happen again! Thank you again :)
That's great! Are all of the kittens you've rehomed spayed/neutered now? And Leo?

Kamal'sKat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's great! Are all of the kittens you've rehomed spayed/neutered now? And Leo?
I have not followed up with our friends, but I would assume that they would have done so, so as not to have more litters!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not followed up with our friends, but I would assume that they would have done so, so as not to have more litters!
Please do follow up! It's a common mistake to wait too long, as you've experienced!