Help Needed. What Breed Is He?

UnstableMadness

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I was wondering if any of you might know what kind of breed my cat , Buddy, is. I think he's a normal short hair tabby but my mom disagrees saying he's a Bengal mix. I'll put pics below.
I know you don't know the breed for sure unless you have papers, which I don't have, I just want to hear what you all think.

Buddy is about a year old now. I got him when he was 3months old. He is fixed. Buddy is not like any other cat I had before. He is very smart and very active. I chalked it up to his age. If I walk away from the room he is in he will follow me and if I lock the bathroom door he will cry till I let him in. He does this even when he's asleep. He will wake up and follow me wherever. If I go away for a night he will cry all night long looking for me even with other people in the house. Again I chalked it up to being cuz I'm his owner and he loves me. My mom sees these as signs of being a Bengal with his behaviors and his markings ((though I think they are normal)). Anyway Buddy have quite the personality. If I don't sleep in our normal spot he will scream and yell till I wake up and follow him to our spot. He does the same when he wants food. He will lead me to the bowl once I wake up. Anyway if you see that he might be a different breed or have any insight please let me know. Thanks in advance.
IMG_20170511_122134298.jpg
IMG_20161110_143147389.jpg
IMG_20161023_045512731.jpg
IMG_20170113_191555162.jpg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is very nice and even sweet, but I think he is "just" a domestic.

A tabby. Im not sure if he is a broken mackerel or a spotted tabby, but there are enough with spots on the sides he would be counted as spotted tabby in some associations. If he belonged to a breed, that is. :)

Color - brown or blue? Blue I think. Both are grayish, but in the brown the stripes are more black than in the gray... and there happens sometimes some brownish, warm coloration.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He's a beautiful blue spotted tabby Domestic Shorthair. I love that picture of him in a bow tie!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

UnstableMadness

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks guys :3 much appreciated

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a lovely cat!
I have to agree with StefanZ StefanZ and abyeb abyeb . If there is any bengal blood in your handsome boy, it is well hidden behind the softer lines of a domestic short hair.
He is stunning, though, he has a pretty face and a lovely color which, at least here, in the North of Spain, is really uncommon in moggies (in the big cities of the South, you can find any color, of course, because there are more purebreed cats that have been lost, abandomned or simply uneutered and being kept as outdoors-indoors).