Help Needed (And appreciated) !!!

kkienzle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two beautiful feline children, one four months and the other seven months. Whereas my oldest, Constantine, was recently adopted as a rescue around three weeks ago; I've had Emma since she was five weeks. Constantine is a healthy eater and has been transitioning quite well from the center's dry food content into a more wet based meal system. Emma is used to wet food and has been receiving it for quite sometime now however I'm having issues and I've done my research (through and through). Constantine has a habit of tapping into her food bowl even when he's finished his. He won't eat it in its entirety but nonetheless. I've tried keeping them separated, both physically and just bowls in different rooms but I either have one wailing in the closed room for 20/30 minutes at a time and not touching the food or in the other situation Constantine will still find her bowl and go after it. I'm concerned because obviously her being so young; she needs her nutrition. Any feedback I truly appreciate! Thanks in advance!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kkienzle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've looked into a few things, some like this to an extent and might eventually give it a try. Finances definitely being a deterrent right now..

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I have a friend who puts her slow eater in a wire cage for feeding. That way the cat is not locked away from everybody else. Just be sure to put the food dish in the middle of the cage so the other cat can't reach through the bars to get at it.