Help my Nyx

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Showed up over a year ago vet said was bachteria... after 4 months went away mostly here we are again its back. Showed up in September and it is getting worse. It is more then bacteria am sure. Last year she said wasnt ringworm.. i give... we have 3 cats and 3 dogs. Dont have this. Its on hed back neck area.

Last edited:

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Showed up over a year ago vet said was bachteria... after 4 months went away mostly here we are again its back. Showed up in September and it is getting worse. It is more then bacteria am sure. Last year she said wasnt ringworm.. i give... we have 3 cats and 3 dogs. Dont have this. Its on hed back neck area.

It looks infected and probably needs topical prescribed antibiotic cream and possibly oral antibiotics as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I think it is but issue I have is what is it. Vet said was just bacterial. It has been over a year with it disappearing her hair regrowing about 2 months out of this whole time. Never goes away. Yes she said was not ring worm. We gave shots medication was little better. Seems in summer it was time it was better. It showed up last winter to.. She will be at vet Monday morning but me and hubby thinking changing vets. This is the 3rd visit no answer except it is not ring worm.

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yes I think it is but issue I have is what is it. Vet said was just bacterial. It has been over a year with it disappearing her hair regrowing about 2 months out of this whole time. Never goes away. Yes she said was not ring worm. We gave shots medication was little better. Seems in summer it was time it was better. It showed up last winter to.. She will be at vet Monday morning but me and hubby thinking changing vets. This is the 3rd visit no answer except it is not ring worm.
Ok i assume a ringworm culture was performed, yes?  And maybe its time (if possible) to consult a vet dermatologist.  

kflei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My very long- and thick-haired cat Lillie has gotten what the vet calls 'hot spots' a couple of times- once on her tail, and once on her neck behind her head.  They get scaly and scabby.  They told me to use Neosporin, so I trimmed back the hair and put it on, and it went away pretty quickly both times.  Obviously, check with your vet before trying this.

Meant to include this link before posting- just some general information about 'hot spots':

http://www.cat-health-guide.org/cat-hot-spots.html

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She took my cat in the back and said she did a scrapping this was November 2014