HELP MY KITTENS SKIN ARE ITCHY

brownishing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
helooo im gonna go to the point...

i noticed it when i saw how often my male oldest kitten scratch his ear, i thought it was because inside his ear so almost every day i cleaned his ears with cottonbud. then when i assume its clean i enough, the scratch wont stop...

this also happen to my female kitten recently... as the result their outer ears skin are kinda bald and reddish... what should i do?

and they also very obsessed with the unlabeled catfood i bought for strays, i gave them the labeled one but they dont want to eat it. they only want the unlabeled and very obsessed. they can at least five times eating that in a day. my male kitten is the worst. he can ask me to give him food every two hours. what should i do to schedule them as they wont leave me alone untill i gave them what they want

thanks for the respond and sorry for my bad grammar

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If they are kittens, then you can free feed. Give them as much as they can eat until they stop growing.

As far as the itchiness, it could be a food allergy, reaction to plants in the area, or most likely from parasites such as fleas. Try applying some form of flea treatment, but check its safe for kittens first. If they don't stop itching within a few days, take them to a vet for a second opinion.

Have you tried mixing the old food with the new? Putting a little of the old on top of the new?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just read a post where the litter was making the cat itchy. You might also try another litter.

I do know that new carpets and the detergent they wash carpets with can make cats and dogs itchy. It takes months, sometimes years, for the detergent to go away. If you have new carpets you could try steam cleaning them with just water.