Help! My kitten is in heat.

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure if it’s because she’s been acclimating with her two sisters after being quarantined or if Remi is going through heat?!!! She’s been VERY vocal - like a throat moan/cry and rubbing and laying on every ground including her litter box. Please help with any tips if she is indeed going thru heat cause I haven’t experienced it before! Also we have a vet appointment next week, they have to check her before scheduling her spay. :ohwell: :help:

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How does she behave exactly? And how old is she?
If you touch her on backside, near the tail; how does she react?

Female kittens can come inte heat quite early, 4 months isnt unique.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How does she behave exactly? And how old is she?
If you touch her on backside, near the tail; how does she react?

Female kittens can come inte heat quite early, 4 months isnt unique.
She is approx 5 months and some change. She’s pretty “normal” in my opinion pushing her booty up in the air when you touch her backside. Shes just been very very submissive and affectionate.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
She is approx 5 months and some change
Yep, that sounds about right for her first heat. She will start trying to get out to find a mate, so please be extra careful about keeping doors and windows closed and make sure everyone knows not to open a door without checking where she is.

Most vets will want to wait until the heat is over before they spay, so you're just going to have to wait it out.

Are all the rest of the cats in the house fixed?

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep, that sounds about right for her first heat. She will start trying to get out to find a mate, so please be extra careful about keeping doors and windows closed and make sure everyone knows not to open a door without checking where she is.

Most vets will want to wait until the heat is over before they spay, so you're just going to have to wait it out.

Are all the rest of the cats in the house fixed?
All female cats here, strictly indoors as well. What do I do?? Get diapers? 😫😫😫😫

Kittybang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just get them fix lol some vets will spay females that are in heat . But will likely charge more to do the surgery. Usually there first heat last a few days to a week . Mine has never went no longer then 7 days of pure meowing and yowling and rubbing and etc lol thank god lol but she didn’t get fix til she was a year old . But yeah get her fix and hopefully the other females are fix if not your have a choir no pun intended. Try finding a low income spay and neuter clinic . Mine was fix for 150.00 that included cone , pain meds and rabbit shot … even try seeing a tnr or maybe animal welfare league and see if they help pay for some of the cost .

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Unlike people, cats don't bleed. No need for diapers. Just keep her locked indoors and don't let her doordash.
What!!! They don’t bleed? My golden retriever did…. Wow. Good to know and I’ll have to put my parental block on DoorDash 🤣