Help! My cat is throwing up. Seeing a vet is not an option.

krashballz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yay Knuckles is home!
Poor baby - You can see it in her eyes that she's been through a lot this last week. She's beautiful, Tom. Thanks for sharing her picture. Here's to continued improvement

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tominhouston

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know this is a very old post, but for anyone still following it, I received the results of the pet food testing, both wet & dry, and it all tested negative for Salmonella, so I have no clue what the cause was of Knuckles' vomiting and internal bleeding. It also means no reimbursement for the thousands of dollars in vet bills to save her life. :(

But on the bright side, Knuckles is back to her old self. She is off the antibiotics now and will be off the steroids in a week from Friday.

Thanks to everyone that followed her ordeal. I wish I knew what made her so ill so I could tell you all what to avoid. They only tested for Salmonella. Maybe it was something similar that the same antibiotic was able to treat?

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It surely is a mystery, and such a nerve-wracking ordeal you both went through. I am so glad that Knuckles is better! 

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay!!  Glad she is better.  For the future, if you want to consider pet insurance, some are good, (even great) soe aren't and the best website I've found that reviews insurance by user reviews (and how I picked mine) is at www.petinsurancereview.com

lily korvin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
you poor darling, all that money, much like what I spent on Moxie my persian exotic who was disabled when I brought him from a breeder, and she neglected her checkups on the kittens.  So i spent all my welfare on keeping him alive he had hip dysplasia, and his organs shut down after only being 4 yrs old, he developed a tumor under his chin, and a vet thought it was feline acne, but this thing was growing larger and I knew it was something else, something very very scary.

So I spent hundreds on getting a different opinion, syrings later about 100 with some miracle liquid this vet made up, he tried everything, to keep Moxie alive, and I didn't mind paying and going without stuff myself.

Moxie died, he didn't make it, I just wish he died in my house in my bed, but then how would i handle it.

He comes to me in dreams, i feel his soft silky fur, and he talks to me, in human language, i am okay mummy, do not worry and i kiss him all over, on his mouth and ear, everywhere, he disappeared suddenly, I thought it was real, he wasn't dead after all, then I woke up and I believe that animal spirits come back to us in other forms, so all my 16 other cats do, in my dreams and come to me in my house.

Lana