Help My Cat Is Scared Of Everything!

willywillow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat willow has been scared of everything she's been acting like everything is out to kill her, I have 3 other cats and she's known them all her life yet is scared of them too. Shes have been hiding out in the downstairs of my home and if she comes upstairs is suddenly jumpy and cautious, she has scratched me twice she has no sickness or disease.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
How long has she lived with you? Is this new behavior or has she been this way her whole life. And how old is she?

Luckytheordinary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are there any cats outside your house or around your neighbourhood. Sometimes an unfamiliar cat may cause her to be scared. Were there any changes to her daily routine (renovation in the house, new visitor). Does she eat, play or use her litter box normally? Keeping in mind natural deviation from normal behaviour due to fear? (If she is scared she may not play as much). Is she spayed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

willywillow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she is 2 years old and yes there are other cats in my neighborhood but she is not a outdoor cat,she is spayed,and she has been eating and using her litterbox normaly shes been scared of everything for 3 days now

Luckytheordinary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... my first instinct is to assume that your cat is injured. But it seems that your cat is still healthy. If it was due to another cat or being, I would assume that your other cats would also negatively react. If I was in your position I would just monitor Willow closely over the next few days and see if the behaviour gets better or worsens. In the meantime don’t make sudden movements and try to entice her out of hiding with treats, pets or playtime. Just don’t pull her out when she’s hiding —I’ve learnt from that mistake. If it worsens I would contact a vet. Hope she gets better.