help my cat is lost in my house

mtcatz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I lost my cat in the house and I can't find her anywhere. I looked in all of the places she would be in, and I'm surprised she'll be missing because she is a large , fat kitty. She was my second cat ever and I have 5 other ones in the house. For those who've had this experience try and look for her/him not in the usual places, in the UNusual places. Trust me it'll help. One time one of my other cats hid under the piano. Strange, right? Shake some treats and your kitty may or may not come out. Most likely they'll com out.

Amal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for posting on an old post... but i'm having the same problem with a new rescued cat who has been through a lot... she's been 2 weeks in my small apartment and pouring food and keeping an eye on it is imposible because of my 2 other cats would eat the food... she suddenly disappeared and i looked in every corner in the house and under everything and behind everything and above everything and can't find her.. i'm afraid that she went out although i am sure i did not let the door open... i'm so scared for her and i can't sleep or focus on doing anything... just can't stop looking for her :( where could she be at? :(

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Open all your doors (closets) open all your drawers (bureaus) open all cabinets...
Put out some very stinky food..like sardines!! or people tuna...

(((hugs)))) fingers crossed, she comes out...

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Open all your doors (closets) open all your drawers (bureaus) open all cabinets...
Put out some very stinky food..like sardines!! or people tuna...

(((hugs)))) fingers crossed, she comes out...
^this^ , also, this might sound weird, but sometimes nervous cats will claw holes in chairs or sofas so that they can hide in the compartment between the cloth bottom and the cushions on top (if that makes sense, what I'm describing). So this is something else to check. If there's a gaping hole in the side of your couch, then it's possible that your kitty is actually *in* the couch, so that's something else to check. I hope you can find your kitty soon!

Edit: here's a video of a cat hiding in the couch

Amal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the reply everyone... u r awesome :D
When i was looking for the cat i noticed my 2 other cats were standing near the window and looking so serious.. so i looked out and there is the cat outside standing in the garden... i have noooo idea how she got out... i checked all windows and they were locked well.... anyways... i spent 5 hours trying to catch her and i could not... she just kept on runing away from me then she disappeared... so i went back in and kept a window open on a room and closed the door so my other cats wont get out.. and after a few hours i opened the door and there she is laying on the bed :D i only had her for 2 weeks and she memorised her way back :D
Again... i have no idea how she got out...
A good advice is when u cant find ur cat inside dont waste anytime and look outside even though u r sure you did not left any door open :)
Thanks a lot everyone :D

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
When i was looking for the cat i noticed my 2 other cats were standing near the window and looking so serious.. so i looked out and there is the cat outside standing in the garden... i have noooo idea how she got out... i checked all windows and they were locked well.... anyways... i spent 5 hours trying to catch her and i could not... she just kept on runing away from me then she disappeared... so i went back in and kept a window open on a room and closed the door so my other cats wont get out.. and after a few hours i opened the door and there she is laying on the bed :D i only had her for 2 weeks and she memorised her way back :D
A good advice is when u cant find ur cat inside dont waste anytime and look outside even though u r sure you did not left any door open :)
So glad you found her! :)

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:party3::party2::party::jump::jive::banana1::banana2:HOORAY! so glad she came home you must be a really awesome cat mom that she loves already:clap2::clap::rock:!!

elliesvictim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cats are ninjas. All they're missing are smoke bombs and the black pyjamas.
At nine months my girl used to love hiding. One time I found her inside a locked shelf on my entertainment unit. She jumped into the stereo section, crawled thru the back up behind into another section and thru a space meant for speaker and power chords to pass thu.

catgandalf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I went on this thread to get some help because my kitten got lost in the house, too!
We eventually found him, he was inside my mom's blanket cover and didn't find a way out for a couple of hours. What a tiny brilliant idiot.

Genevieve Esson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had the most bizarre thing happen today. I am so traumatized! My cat Vincent got lost in my house. I had to call the fire department to help me look for him. It was so crazy. He got lost through a wormhole maybe. Lol. Really? I originally thought he fell through an opening in the wall, it is behind the old staircase, which is in the basement that you can see if you shine a flashlight on it behind the pipes and cobwebs. I could hear Vincent meow here and there but he sounded so far away and he sounded really scared. My house is 120 years old. I could not get up there to investigate, so I called the fire department. A huge fire truck pulled up in front of my house and an ambulance. I had 5 men and one young lady in my house. She shimmied up behind the staircase and looked down through the hole, but no cat. I called for Vincent, no meow. They were there for a good 40 minutes. To no avail, no cat. They really did a thorough job, and were nice enough to say I could call them back again. They were leaving through the front door and one of them said, "Is that your cat"?. I thought he was kidding. I looked, under the bush right by my door and there he was! How did he get outside? I was so glad to see Vincent. I was freaking out a bit, by the fact I did not let him out. I checked all around the foundation and there are no holes. If he got down through a hole in the basement, no telling how he got out??? I checked everywhere. It really has me worried. I cannot let him back down there, because that is where he wants to be right now. Darn cat. It is so bizarre. He was not even dirty, like he had been crawling through holes or pipes. I am just relieved he is back. I was like: I might have a dead cat on my hands if he gets stuck and I can't get him out. The fire department peeps were so awesome. I am so glad my fur baby is back. I just don't have a clue how he got outside. It is just nuts. I think he may have been teleported. Lol. I am going to have to get an inspector to take a good look at my basement, and see if they can help me figure out how Vincent got outside. I checked everywhere. Meantime, I am bringing his litter box upstairs, and he has no access to the basement. No way. I have had enough for now. It has been a crazy enough week as it is.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Good thread for a funny "cat lost in house story" that occurrred with my devilish Siamese girl, Murphy. I heard her loud loud yowl from somewhere in the kitchen but she was no where to be seen. Then I heard it very softly and sounding far away and realized OMG, she had found her way into one of the heat vents. In my old house these were about one foot square grates on the walls that ran through the basement to the furnace and somehow she had apparently found her way in. So after shutting off the furnace, I lay down on the floor and spoke into the vent, calling her sweet names like she loved, trying to coax her to the one I was at so I could pull her out. Occasionally I would get a soft meow but that was it. I kept this up for about an hour, and was about ready to have someone come and disassemble the vents until I heard a little clink of something in the cabinet. I grabbed the cabinet door and there she sat, just quietly enjoying a game of hide and seek that clearly she had won.