Help! My Cat Is Afraid Of And Runs From His Poop!

George1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I’m hoping you guys can help me. I have a 3 yr old male that we found outside when he was only 4weeks old. He’s always had a small issue with anxiety, but now he’s suffering from constipation. This has been going on since October, and he won’t go in his litter box. I have to feed him mirilax to force him to poop. When he finally can’t hold it anymore and goes, he growls and then darts off. He also lets small nuggets out and runs from that, too. Now he is making a sore on his stomach to try to get to his intestines. Has anyone experienced this? And do you have any advice on how to help him? The vet is only concerned with whether he is going or not. I hate seeing him like this.

Redwolfstorm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds like he has an intestine blockage, its definitely an urgent issue to get fixed, if he has a blockage or could get really bad.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Willowy - he is running from the pain. My daughter's elderly 18yo cat was severely blocked up and our usual vet wasn't concerned as long as she got out something. But the cat was hiding under the bed on a Saturday so we took the cat to the expensive vet clinic where a young vet was diligent and hospitalized our cat - it took 5 enemas to clear her out. Also, she had a tumor which was causing the constipation so the miralax (which regulates water in the intestines) was the wrong treatment. She lived comfortably for another 3 months when the tumor grew dramatically and we let her be released.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

George1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m sorry for your loss. The Drs did take X-rays and there’s no blockages, and he doesn’t have super colon. I’m afraid to take him to another vet. 1. He doesn’t handle the visits well and I have to drug him every time. 2. The vet I took him to is supposed to be the best for cats in the area. I agree, though. I need to find someone that can help find out why it’s so painful and how to ease the pain.