Help My Cat Has Mammary Lumps/cancer

Alexmja225

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, maybe there is already a post on this subject, but my kitty aged 10 years old has a grape sized lump beside her niple followed with 2 smaller ones in the area. She also has few lumps on both sides of her neck... I went for a consultation and the vet took X-rays and blood work and everything else looks fine. She recomended surgery to remove the lumps and after to get a biopsy to see if it is cancer (usually it is 90% chance it is she said) if it is cancer we will have to do another surgery and remove all the Mamary chain on that side...

Anyone had this experience? And what did you do? I am so lost because I want to do what is best for her... Surgery seems really invasive. I was thinking to look into natural remedies... any advice is appreciated! ❤

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
That is hard news to hear and I really hope you manage to reach a decision with your vet about what is best for your kitty. I'm sorry but I don't have any experience with this and all I can offer is what I think I would do: which is to run with the biopsy surgery so you will know what you and your cat are dealing with. Then you will be well informed and in the best place to make decisions on what treatments to go for.
:vibes::vibes::vibes:

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am a human Physician in Internal Medicine, not a Vet, but I have considerable experience in human oncology (the study of cancer). Your vet knows what she is doing, she has recommended a biopsy to determine what has caused the lump and to assess how to manage your cat.

I do not consider that you have any alternative but to take her advice. To ignore her advice and investigate so-called "natural" remedies will most likely cause any malignancy that is present to spread throughout her body and the delay will lose any chance of a cure. "Natural" remedies cannot treat cancer, and those who maintain that they can are perpetuating dangerous untruths.