Help my adopted cat ran away!

Clobbb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Help!
I literally adopted a cat this evening and got in and all was going well however he got out through the smallest gap in the window which he must of pushed, he ran off as i caught him and ran after him however i live in a wooded area of 5 acres and have searched everywhere- thing is its so over grown!

i have put his stuff out from his previous owner and out some food! Im just gutted and don’t know what to do :(

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Help! My Cat Is Lost! – TheCatSite Articles

Welcome to The Cat Site, but I am sorry that it is under these circumstances. The second part of the article will give you some ideas. It is certainly a complication that the cat does not know your home as its home yet. Go out at night if it is safe with a flashlight and look for a reflection from the eyes. You are probably going to have to do a lot of searching quickly and it is a possibility that the cat may return to its previous owner if it is close enough and it can sense the way. If you have the Nextdoor app. nextdoor.com sign up and start posting so others know your cat is missing.