Help! My 4 Week Old Kitten Swallowed A Part Of Nipple

Littleandtinycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat named little that only had one kitten and it wasn’t enough to produce milk to nurse the kitten so i had to step in and help. He was on KMR for the first 3 weeks steadily gained weight even though he wouldnt latch on at all. I recently started gruel in bottle and was going to start him on just wet food tomorrow. (I’ve tried to give it to him multiple times, and he didn’t want it) i even tried the gruel mixture in a dish. Tonight around 9pm he was drinking from the bottle and ended up biting through a quarter of the top of the bottle. He ate some after he swallowed but won’t eat since and has started to dry heave. How bad is this?

Attachments

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Little Bit ate a piece of nipple with no bad consequences when she was a baby. Still, your kitten sounds like he’s in some distress. I would have a vet take a look at him if he’s still not eating by this morning. Good luck and let us know what happens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Littleandtinycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Little Bit ate a piece of nipple with no bad consequences when she was a baby. Still, your kitten sounds like he’s in some distress. I would have a vet take a look at him if he’s still not eating by this morning. Good luck and let us know what happens.
He hasn’t eaten anything, but is running and jumping around. Hasn’t been dry heaving since the first time

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is your kitten doing now?

Most kittens who swallow a small piece of rubber nipple will pass it in their stool in a day or two and will be fine.

Time to stop bottle feeding!

Littleandtinycat Littleandtinycat

Littleandtinycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s been 5 days, no pooping but still eating and playing. Until just now 5:55am, he has thrown up for the first time.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No pooping for 5 days?

That’s not good. Add a few drops of olive oil to his next meal to soften his bowels.

Otherwise he needs to see the vet. He may be blocked.

Littleandtinycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He wasn’t on different oils for a few days, took him in today. They did an X-ray and enema and now he’s on a prescription laxative. They got a good amount of stool out of him!

Littleandtinycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He was on different oils *** didn’t help

Littleandtinycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
After over a week he passed the nipple around 1am. Changed his food up and had him take more laxatives and it passed!!! I cried. Now i can sleep a full 8 hours