Help my 3 month old kitten is like the cat from hell

nubreeze

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

It is probably because I am new to this but wow I was warned but not quite enough just how intense kittens are as they develope.  Please help me!

When I first got Felix at 2 weeks old I posted in a forum my concern about my kitten being introduced to my dog CC.  I was totally worried my dog would harm my kitten accidentally.

My concern now is for my dog CC.  It's almost hard to leave them alone, whenever I am not in the room I hear CC yelp in pain over and over as Felix jumps her (she is a Terrier/Chihuahua mix) so she isn't very big and is very mellow.  CC has gone from overly excited about Felix to just trying to find a place in the house where she is not attacked by my kitten.

Felix does not just attack CC she full on terrorizes everyone in the house.  I think I am the only one not afraid to interact with him now.  He is terrorizing my house lol.

What happened to my sweet little dude?  

Any advice/help is so welcomed 

purmonster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is adorable but looks like he has trouble in his eyes!
I recently got my own cats, although I grew up with cats my whole life. I had a few things to learn.
One of mine is a terror, and I will pass on what I have learned.
Get your self a freezer ziplock, big sized bag, put some toys and cat nip in the bags and pull out only a few toys at once and exchange them with new ones and put the used ones back in the bag daily. This helped keep my kitty interested in toys. Also, get yourself a da bird cat toy. Play with him about 3x a day for 20min, make him run and jump until he's panting and laying on his side. I have to do this or my one kitty will go nuts. Run all his energy Out! Lazer pointers work too but my boy got bored of that after a few play sessions. I also found having places for him to climb got some of his energy out, so a cat tree, I have shelves I wrapped in carpet samples, as cat shelves for climbing on the wall, and some cat tubing around the outsides of the living room for him to run through and hide in. Maybe if you give him some vertical space he will mark that as his territory and leave your dog alone and make horizontal space as the dogs?

My last piece of advice is to get some calming treats. I found head and tails calming treats and naturvet quiet moments calming treats worked the best for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nubreeze

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much,  it does seem as if he is trying to get off some energy......we have gotten him a few fun toys, I am going to do the zip loc toy swap because I do think he gets super excited when I present new toys rather than my house just looking like romper room for animals.  I guess pulling something new out is a bit exciting for littles ones of any species.  Your advice is very helpful.  He is adorable and cute but whew he is a handful...I have many scars to prove it.  Once his little claw got stuck in my ankle that's how swift and terrible his little attacks can be sometimes oh boy!