Help me;)

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just got caught up with your situation. I can understand the wait is hard. But remember the more you are nervous and the more you are stressed Lizzy will sense it and that is not what you want right now. You want her to be calm so she can have these babies. here are some links to calm you down I hope you can get a nap in as previously stated the end of the week could be the time. keep us advised. This is a natural situation and Lizzy will know what to do when it is time.

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?
Pregnant Cat? What to Prepare For the Birth
Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!
Premature Kittens
Post-Birth Complications in Cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allnatural585

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Loving up on this momma... She wants to be with me one minute and then back down to the hard floor. Something is going on. She normally doesn't lay with anyone anymore and hasn't since she was just a little kitten.

littlebooty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had 3 days of her glued to me day and night, on the 3rd night after no sleep for 48h I had to leave my boyfriend in charge so I could get some sleep.....low and behold he has waking me up 3h later

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As we do not know the exact date I believe Sarthur2's suggestion that this weekend could be a good idea. momma is having a lot of emotions right now her hormones are hitting her hard and she is searching for your comfort to help her get settled is much needed. You need to remain calm and comfort her as she allows. She will sense your emotions and if you are upset it will upset her. Remaining calm is very important right now.

allnatural585

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She did it!! Lizzy delivered one kitten... I am so happy for her!! Seems like she's still working on more but how long should I wait before kitten doesn't start nursing. It's trying to but Lizzy is restless still trying to clean herself and her spot up. Should I worry???

allnatural585

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How long before I worry that kitten is nursing? Also she had them under my sons dresser... Busy... Kinda drafty spot right under a window. Should I move her or wait till she's done??

littlebooty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I replayed to he other post Hun xx mine ate after all 5 were born, don't panic they won't come to any harm

I would be inclined to leave her where she is, try to bloke draft with a towl near her, I'd maybe wait till she is done and then try to move her

allnatural585

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she did a great job by the looks of things. Kinda upset I missed it but just like everyone advised... She handled it. I think she just had another but trying to give her her space. How exciting!

allnatural585

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I originally made her a nest there but thought she would never have them there as my 20 month old son is loud and crazy and loves to play, and the dresser is in the living room so not quiet at all!! I fell back asleep on the couch cause I didn't want her to be scared with me hovering her but I just got up and checked and she had another baby!!! Both babies were nursing and my Lizzy momma was resting! I am so proud of her!!!! I will post pics in a few.

allnatural585

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How can you tell if she is done or if she's having a prolonged labor? As soon as I walk away, she comes running after me. Is there something she needs or?? It's like she now wants me to check out her prized possessions!! I love the kitties already! So cute;)

littlebooty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When she follows u next just have a gentle feel - put yr hand on her under belly and gently lift up it should be easy to tell if empty. Has she eaten? Thomas has days where she rarely leaves them and has days where she is at my side but as soon as they squeak she is there like a flash!! Gorgeous babies xx

allnatural585

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol I had to rearrange the living room to block on the dresser so the kids can't get too close. Lizzy is doing great with them. She has eaten... but has blood dripping from her lady parts still. when she does leave them, as she returns she growls??? What's up with that?