Help me with this cat

shawnajk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Here are some pics of my cat. He is huge, bigger than my 20 pound dogs. I was told he is part Bob cat, I don't know if that is true. Can anyone tell what he is?

Last edited by a moderator:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. Your cat is truly beautiful and he certainly is big. We have some great advisors who are very knowledgeable.
Someone will be along to answer your question. In the meantime, why don't you add a picture of him standing that shows his whole body. I am sure that will be a help when the advisors see your pictures.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, more pics are welcome.  Although it seems His Greatiness is a ticked tabby, ie has no visible tabby markings on the body, just the usual M on the forehead and some on the legs.

This is not so usual.  The size is too well above average.

I presume he is a mix, and its difficult to see any ancestry.  Although we must suspect he must have a Maine Coon or Norwegian behind him, to get into these sizez without being fat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shawnajk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here's a few more above

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shawnajk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's very very muscular too, not only fat. His feet are the length of my hand from my middle finger all the way to my wrist

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
S shawnajk

He looks to be a larger than average domestic short haired red tabby. May have ancestry from one of the large natural breeds such as the Mainecoon.

A friend of mine has a cat like yours, she looks like she is really fat, but you pick her up and she is REALLY muscular. I call her the body builder cat because she is so strong. She is also 20+pounds.

My first cat was a suspected Mainecoon mix who, like your cat was very large and muscular. He was 26 pounds at his heaviest, His fur was VERY long though, so that made him look even bigger than he was. Everyone that came over to our house always said "That's the biggest cat I've ever seen!"

My one of my current cats, Tesla, is very large for his age too. We suspect he is a Norwegian Forest Cat mix. He is 8 months old and already weighs more than 13 pounds (and he isn't fat either!), and he's not even close to being done growing.

This is Tesla:

Last edited:

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The shape of your cat and the short tail suggest that he had manx genes although they aren't nesserly large they are thick and bunchy and musclier. Does he have big teeth?

this is our cat named badycat haha he was 4 weeks old when we got him and not a pliable soft kitten but a bunch of muscles he softed up after neutering but is shaped kinda like you cat but only 14 pounds. How long is your cat nose to rump?

Last edited by a moderator: