Help Me With My Other Boys Description

Roddenberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is Elliot I believe him to be a Shorthair American but I’m not too sure could anyone possibly help me with this one as well since y’all were so helpful with my boy Fluffy and Ryder. He’s very laid back and so chilled with everyone and everything. Extremely loving.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Roddenberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
also when he was a kitten he had blue eyes that changed to green as he got bigger I have pictures of him as a kitten as well

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He would be called a brown classic (aka marbled or bullseye) tabby Domestic Shorthair, since he doesn’t have any pedigree papers. Classic/marbled/bullseye tabby is a pattern that is popular with the American Shorthair, but I don’t think that’s what is in the mix with this beautiful boy. ASH would have a more square face, larger head, and more muscular body, but I think there’s a good possibility that Elliot might have some Bengal in him. His marbled pattern looks random, like we see in Bengals, and he has that lean, yet muscular body, and proportionally smaller head. It even appears that he has some of that Bengal “glitter” in his coat!

Roddenberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He would be called a brown classic (aka marbled or bullseye) tabby Domestic Shorthair, since he doesn’t have any pedigree papers. Classic/marbled/bullseye tabby is a pattern that is popular with the American Shorthair, but I don’t think that’s what is in the mix with this beautiful boy. ASH would have a more square face, larger head, and more muscular body, but I think there’s a good possibility that Elliot might have some Bengal in him. His marbled pattern looks random, like we see in Bengals, and he has that lean, yet muscular body, and proportionally smaller head. It even appears that he has some of that Bengal “glitter” in his coat!
That’s very interesting I would’ve never considered any Bengal I was sure closing in for ASH because of his eyes changing from Blue to Greenish Gold but I’m definitely no expert. My oldest cat Fluffy brought him home as a kitten, he followed him straight home as I let Fluffy in along scampered up little Elliot and he climbed my leg and he’s been here ever since. He of course acts more like my Dog Tiberius because he was raised with him as he took a liking to my dog and my dog took a liking to him. He rambunctious when he plays but mostly lays around cuddling or just being chill

S.Smith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Very nice markings for sure. I know someone with a papered Bengal and I agree that ur lil guy could be part for sure. Since he followed your other one home he could be one of those diamonds in the rough people talk about ??

S.Smith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
*** I came on here to ask what my cat is though so, that was purely opinion based lol ***

Roddenberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Could he possibly be a European Shorthair..? I’ve heard they’re sort of a dying breed and I searched images of one and Elliot takes a liking to them in their body and sorts

Roddenberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Wow?!? Based on this one ..
On an exact guess from me. Some of the only differences I see are the ears on the European are rounded sorta while Elliot’s ears are straight up and pointed.

Roddenberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wanted to also show this picture of the face of a European Shorthair or Celtic Shorthair for the facial features

Roddenberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
These as well showing the underbelly maybe having some correlation here is my Elliot’s underbelly

Roddenberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Then this picture of the Europeans underside you can barely see it but you can make out the circles

Roddenberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here’s a side by side for facial comparison

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Here’s a side by side for facial comparison
If I look at the details, there are a lot of differences I see here. Elliot has more of a muzzle, and an overall smaller head. The European Shorthair has a much larger (proportionally to the body) head, and broad cheeks.

ESH also have a more stocky body than Elliot, and if you look at the pattern, it’s not as well-defined as Elliot’s very clear marbeling. Additionally, the ESH doesn’t have that glittery sheen (unique to the Bengal) to their coat that we see on Elliot in the 2nd and 3rd picture you posted. Elliot does really look like he has a lot of similarities to a Bengal, and that breed has become more and more popular in recent years. So, I do think that he might have some Bengal ancestry. He is a very handsome boy, no matter what! :)

Roddenberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If I look at the details, there are a lot of differences I see here. Elliot has more of a muzzle, and an overall smaller head. The European Shorthair has a much larger (proportionally to the body) head, and broad cheeks.

ESH also have a more stocky body than Elliot, and if you look at the pattern, it’s not as well-defined as Elliot’s very clear marbeling. Additionally, the ESH doesn’t have that glittery sheen (unique to the Bengal) to their coat that we see on Elliot in the 2nd and 3rd picture you posted. Elliot does really look like he has a lot of similarities to a Bengal, and that breed has become more and more popular in recent years. So, I do think that he might have some Bengal ancestry. He is a very handsome boy, no matter what! :)
Very interesting, that’s why I’m here asking all these questions among other cat folks whom have a bit more knowledge than I do. Trial and error. I noticed many differences as well between Elliot and an ESH but I wanted to hear everyone else chime in. Thank you again ☺☺☺

Roddenberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here’s a picture of him in better light

Roddenberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Could he possibly

Could he possibly be part Marbled Bengal..? I got to looking at Bahiya Bengals Breeding from Indiana and Georgia and I saw their Marbled Bengals and he appears to have a strong resemblance to that. Of course I know he doesn’t have papers but I’m not out breeding him so I’m just curious lol

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Could he possibly

Could he possibly be part Marbled Bengal..? I got to looking at Bahiya Bengals Breeding from Indiana and Georgia and I saw their Marbled Bengals and he appears to have a strong resemblance to that. Of course I know he doesn’t have papers but I’m not out breeding him so I’m just curious lol
Yes- that is what I was thinking. Bengal is the breed, and marbled is a pattern that is seen in Bengals.