Help me speak "cat"!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

julia123123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am not sure what it could be but all the suggestions are worth a try if you haven’t yet tried them.

Is she an only cat? Maybe getting her a cat companion to distract her will help, she could be lonely. She may be missing her past person and home.

Zena, who is a recent dumped cat rescue, sometimes gets anxious and meows a lot. Usually he is hungry, but sometimes it may be something else. I talk to him and tell him it’s time to sleep now etc. and eventually he settles down.

I think unfortunately he still wants to go outside. Partly to get the dry catfood my outdoor kitties get. I have to be super careful because he tried to go inbetween my legs yesterday while I set the plate down by the door.

I am working on training him to stay away from the door with a coffee can / coins but he is very persistent.
I am training him to be picked up now as well so hopefully soon I can carry him to stay in the garage when I put the food out.

My rescue Merlin, another former outdoor guy, escaped once, also to get the catfood but he came back tg in 2 hours. He has no real interest now except the food, but he hasn’t tried it in ages.
Our other cat just died 2 weeks ago, but they didn't like each other much. They were only together for 4 months and it was pretty rocky. We're planning to adopt a bonded pair this summer, but not just yet. Right now we're just focused on giving her lots of pets when she does her 'mystery meowing' and hope that she somehow understands that we're trying!

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our other cat just died 2 weeks ago, but they didn't like each other much. They were only together for 4 months and it was pretty rocky. We're planning to adopt a bonded pair this summer, but not just yet. Right now we're just focused on giving her lots of pets when she does her 'mystery meowing' and hope that she somehow understands that we're trying!
Even if they did not like each other, there will be an unsettling feeling that your cat will experience. Most cats do not like change in a household routine, including the death of an enemy or not friend. If the meowing is recent or has increased recently then this could be the cause. They could be trying to tell you to go find the other cat as they are lost and can't find their way home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

julia123123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Could be! Lots of changes around here, hopefully everything will settle down soon.