Help Me Please

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I offer my deepest sympathys and that the living ones are in my prayers...

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Cabbit, my heart just breaks for you!

Sorry, I don't have any advice to add to what's already been said. Sending good vibes to the rest of your kitties.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cabbit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you everyone
one of the little baby kitten died
it was so sad. that poor little thing

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear the baby died too!

How are the others doing?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is so sad.
You are in my prayers.

cabbit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Almost all the babies are dying!!
They have that thging too. It's so sad because there so little ( 2 weeks old) and when they start vomitting they cry so little , and it brakes my heart. There were 8 babies and now there's only 4
And the one i talked about in the other post ( the one born with no hair) died too.
. As for the other big ones , there doing much better ( thank god ) . Tommy is eating and drinking and today he even played a little! And the others are normal. I have been cleaning alot everyday and washing my hands before i touch them and when i get home from outside. I pray to god that they don't get sick again. My poor babies

Here are some pictures

That's Toby and Simba

Here's Shadow and Kiki (she's not with us anymore)

rosietoes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wow, that's so awful. I'm so sorry you and your cats had to go through that...it's horrible when you can't do anything but watch them deteriorate. I hope the rest of your cats stay healthy!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little sweeties!
Sending lots of good health vibes to the remaining kitties.

janemary

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your animals

I am praying for the remaining kittens

Let us know the latest

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just read your post. How awful for you and your family. I am glad you are following some the directions given to you. I hope the rest survive whatever they contracted.

cabbit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One more baby died
and there's another sick one we seperated that one from the other two who don't look sick to see if they can survive
my poor kittens!

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe they were poisoned??? I dont think there is anydisease they could all get at one time!!! OMG IF SOMEONE POISONED YOUR CATS I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL COME DOWN THERE AND KICK THEIR CAT HATING @SSES MYSELF EVEN THOUGH I DONT EVEN REALLY KNOW YOU!!!

I'm sorry.. I didnt read all of the page before I posted.. I was sure your cats had been poisoned until I read the rest of the page.... If I lost both my cats... I would lay curled up in a corner and they would have to have me committed... you are so brave for not only being able to move, but being able to post! If I had lost four kitties I would have no more will to live.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there any way you and your mom get the others to the vet? Wow, at this point I think you need to do your best to save the 2 that are not showing any symptoms right now. Call every vet in town and explain to them the situation, see if they will work with you as far as payment. Maybe they will hold a check for some time. Try everything you can think of. You aren't going to be able to save them at home
I am so sorry this is happening to you, I can not imagine how I would handle something like this

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cabbit

One more baby died
and there's another sick one we seperated that one from the other two who don't look sick to see if they can survive
my poor kittens!
I would ask the vet if it's helpful to vaccinate the cats against distempher even if they already been exposed. At least maybe you could vaccinate the ones that look healthy if the vet says it might help?

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Is there any way you and your mom get the others to the vet? Wow, at this point I think you need to do your best to save the 2 that are not showing any symptoms right now. Call every vet in town and explain to them the situation, see if they will work with you as far as payment. Maybe they will hold a check for some time. Try everything you can think of. You aren't going to be able to save them at home
I am so sorry this is happening to you, I can not imagine how I would handle something like this
I don't think there is any cures for viruses except supportive care. I don't know if anything can be done to help the cats that appear healthy right now but have been exposed.
That would be a good question to ask the vet.

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it is crap for the vets to take money from you.. I mean.. they couldnt even properly tell you what it was!! and they gave you some medicine that most liekly wasnt even going to help? I would go back and demand my money, or make them treat my cats for free...

that is crap.. you shouldnt have to pay if they couldnt even diagnose what your cats had

they are vets for craps sake!! This is a common disease! If they cant tell then they should go back to school!!

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by elizwithcat

I would ask the vet if it's helpful to vaccinate the cats against distempher even if they already been exposed.
No. A vaccination will not help a cat that's been exposed. The incubation period for the disease is shorter than the time it takes for the vaccination to become infected. In fact, if a vet knows a cat has been exposed, they should refuse to vaccinate.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by elizwithcat

I don't think there is any cures for viruses except supportive care.
I know
What I meant was, the other 2 appear healthy right now but under the circumstances it seems unlikely that they have not been exposed, so unfortunately they might become sick. It sounds like the virus takes over quickly, but maybe under a vets supervision the cats would have a higher chance of surviving. IF I remember quickly, the cats quit eating. A vet would be able to get nutrients into the cat even if they don't eat on their own....