Help me please!, my cat keep get in and out his litter box but mostly no outlet. I've taken him to a

peachybkk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All 

Since last Sunday My 2 years old black cat  has kept acting like he want to urinate but mostly nothing came out  or may be just a little drop. However it has mostly happened in early morning and before bedtime however during daytime he just sleep perfectly around me ( I work at home). 

I've consulted my family's vet already, he advised me to observe his behavior if he had a sign of urinary tract disease or not. ....but except the frequently try to pee pee, none of other disease was shown.

On Tuesday, I brought him to see a vet, after an inspection and x-ray, vet professor ( She is the best feline vet in Thailand) found noting. no storage urine, no any sign of infection just some pile in the colon.

I suggest to change his food and gave me Purina UR cat food .. but... he won't eat it. I tried to mix with his normal food then he avoided to eat it all.

Until today, he still keep visiting his litter box no others sign of sick cat still eat play sleep well.

I am so worry and confuse what happen to him. Is there any food help?

Thanks

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did the vet culture the urine to see if there are any crystals? I know you're in Thailand, I don't know if such tests are available/common/too costly.
Also, I'm a little confused: does he pee normally during the day time; only drops early in the morning/evening? I would continue to monitor this situation very closely. Male cats can block and if this happens, it is a life threatening emergency.
Regarding food, I would suggest wet food, maybe even adding some water to the wet food. One key to preventing/helping UTIs is hydration--you want your cat to drink a LOT of water.
What brands of wet food do you have available? Here is an article about choosing wet food. In a cat that is prone to UTI, especially a male cat, I would avoid fish in any form.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peachybkk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Thank you so much Ritz.

The urine test has not been done yet, since the x-ray film show clear normal urinary bladder size .

anyway Yesterday I also read some article about urinate problem in cats that vet also suggest a wet food and push him to consume more water as yours. Then now I start with can food and will try a boil chicken breast tomorrow.

well..about his pee behavior, I still found his normal size scoops and during day time he just sleep soundly round be . however as soon as I went to manage his litter box he started get in and out sit in pee post (but no push force just sit and leave his tail easily) . He kept repeating did that until I clear all scoops then he would follow me out of the kitchen play and sleep normally

anyway I will keep observe him closely as your advice

thanks again