Help me name our Champagne Burmese kitten :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly, the traditional and smart British humour is almost extinct. I think my generation is the last to use it. The lowest common denominator is the acceptable norm these days, rather than aiming high, and expecting high standards (I hope I don't sound like a bloody snob!) If I use irony, dry humour I am often looked at as tho I am speaking a foreign language. I often have to say "I am, of course, joking"....... Another blank look. GAH!!
I know that feeling. Most countries think we don't have a sense of humour due to the dryness. But we know better.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for the suggestions, I loved several of them!  Trying to get my husband and two picky kids to agree was the challenge... so the final contenders were:

*Asti (sparkling wine, but close enough to Champagne) - kids just couldn't get on board with this one
*Rolo (caramel candy) - husband doesn't like food names
*Echo - we liked it, just didn't love it

and the winner....

*Mochi (pronounced Moe-Chee) It's actually the name of a cat in the children's animated movie 'Big Hero 6'...we all thought it was cute and unique, and has an oriental sound to match his adorable oriental looking face.  

We are loving our little Mochi!  He is the most amazing kitten ever...playful, smart, curious, hardly sheds (yes, that is a huge plus in my book, lol!), and LOVES being held, cuddled, and carried around!  He even helps with the laundry! (see attached pic :lol3: )  Thank you all again!!!

He looks deep in thought.

picklespepper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What an adorable kitty!  I love Burmese kitties.  I am glad you found a name you could all agree upon.  Big Hero 6 is a big hit in our house so sharing a name with the movie's cat is a great choice!

I am amused by all the suggestions of Piper.  We are adding a puppy to the family in a few months and Piper is at the top of our name list but it is to complete the joke that inspired the names of our cats: "Peter Piper picked a peck of PICKLE(s)d PEPPERs.  My mom and sister love that name but when I ask my son which name he likes best (Pirate is our other top choice) he says likes Pirate.  So we'll see.

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know that feeling. Most countries think we don't have a sense of humour due to the dryness. But we know better.
As an American, I used to feel that way, until I went to England in 1992. And I was wonderfully surprised to find a great sense of humour over there. So for those who think the English can't be funny, well, they are dreadfully wrong. From my English friends over there, I learned what smart, biting , intellegent humour was, and I'm grateful for that experience.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As an American, I used to feel that way, until I went to England in 1992. And I was wonderfully surprised to find a great sense of humour over there. So for those who think the English can't be funny, well, they are dreadfully wrong. From my English friends over there, I learned what smart, biting , intellegent humour was, and I'm grateful for that experience.
Israelis don't understand British humour although they loved faulty towers. Did you ever see it?

Thank you all so much for the suggestions, I loved several of them!  Trying to get my husband and two picky kids to agree was the challenge... so the final contenders were:

*Asti (sparkling wine, but close enough to Champagne) - kids just couldn't get on board with this one
*Rolo (caramel candy) - husband doesn't like food names
*Echo - we liked it, just didn't love it

and the winner....

*Mochi (pronounced Moe-Chee) It's actually the name of a cat in the children's animated movie 'Big Hero 6'...we all thought it was cute and unique, and has an oriental sound to match his adorable oriental looking face.  

We are loving our little Mochi!  He is the most amazing kitten ever...playful, smart, curious, hardly sheds (yes, that is a huge plus in my book, lol!), and LOVES being held, cuddled, and carried around!  He even helps with the laundry! (see attached pic :lol3: )  Thank you all again!!!

He looks deep in thought.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, Mochi is adorable.  And I misread "hardly sheds" as "hardly shreds".  
  My good girl Daisy is not much on shedding but she certainly is big on shredding.  No box is safe here.  

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, yes, Stewball, I watched it a few times. Guess I'm more of a Monty Python guy myself. Also liked Absolutely Fabulous and the Office.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yes, Stewball, I watched it a few times. Guess I'm more of a Monty Python guy myself. Also liked Absolutely Fabulous and the Office.
I love absolutely fabulous. Not mad about faulty tower or Monty python. Hated the office.