Help Me Name My Kitties

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lil Dude

Cat Enthusiast
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird @foxden @catsknowme Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 (feel free to add anyone else who helped me in getting these foster kittens)

I'll post pictures of the kittens here and say something about their personality as I learn it. I'll try to guess genders too, but I'm not the best at that.
Totally forgot to add the most important part, come up with names for them.

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's a little cutie! But she won't always be tiny so watch out for cutesy "little" names. My vote: Miss Mary.

One of the options for Duncan was Pixie. It didn't stick and good thing - he's about 14 pounds.

When naming our first cat, we literally sat passing him back and forth spitting out names almost at random. We found we gravitated towards real names - not "rover" or "spike" "biscuits" or "oreo". And we got to Duncan and it just fit. Then I gave him a last name: McLoud.

Barry had been "Barry" at the shelter for too many months so we kept it and I gave him the last name of White because of his super deep purr.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We’ll be thinking and watching them. Names take time sometimes but sometimes they just come up naturally. I like to make sure the kitties will respond to them too before I make it permanent. Since they will get adopted you might want to try and make it is something others will respond well to if possible. I love the name you have to the Manx. Aster. Maybe she is an Iris. You’ll have to ask her if that is even close. Lol Give it time. Tons of suggestions will come in. Maybe she is a Venus. Bright in the sky and has the longest rotation of any planet around. Of course you could give names that could go to girl or boy, just in case. Lol I’ll try to think of some choices for you. I am in love with that kitten. Oh those eyes!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, this will be fun! My thinking cap is on, and I've asked Hekitty to give me suggestions, as well.

Little Chappers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's a little cutie! But she won't always be tiny so watch out for cutesy "little" names. My vote: Miss Mary.

One of the options for Duncan was Pixie. It didn't stick and good thing - he's about 14 pounds.

When naming our first cat, we literally sat passing him back and forth spitting out names almost at random. We found we gravitated towards real names - not "rover" or "spike" "biscuits" or "oreo". And we got to Duncan and it just fit. Then I gave him a last name: McLoud.

Barry had been "Barry" at the shelter for too many months so we kept it and I gave him the last name of White because of his super deep purr.
HAHA Barry White is my kid’s orthodontist!! :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would name her Gretchen or Marnie.

Names that other people have mentioned that I like:
Iris
Pixie
Velvet
Aster

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh definitely Gracie, that's my favorite name! That was my name picked out if I ever had a daughter. :)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luna - Those white crescents under her eyes highlight them so beautifully. She is ADORABLE!:lovecat:
It also fits with the fact that she likes to sleep and her grey color.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lil Dude

Cat Enthusiast
Adult Cat
Purraise
Luna - Those white crescents under her eyes highlight them so beautifully. She is ADORABLE!:lovecat:
It also fits with the fact that she likes to sleep and her grey color.
My own cat's name is Luna, can't have two Lunas. That emoji is adorable though.